All three Tech characters are currently available in stores.
Trigger Happy, one of the Wii starters, is the most notable Tech users. The other three, shown below, are Boomer, Drobot, and Drill Sergeant.
Boomer is a troll who smashes things and throws dynamite. Is that enough? No? Okay. His arms are made of metal, making his smashes more deadly. He also doesn't like sheep. Fortunately, you routinely come across defenseless sheep in levels.
- Starting Abilities: Dynamite Toss (throw dynamite), Troll Smash (smash the ground to knock back enemies)
- Initial Upgrades: Dynamite Fuse Fake-Out (dynamite does more damage; can delay the explosion), Bash Smash (Troll Smash does more damage and knockback), Troll Bomb (drop a large bomb), Triple Bundle Dynamite (dynamite does more damage)
- Demolition Troll Path: Bomblastic (Troll Bombs have bigger blast radius and do more damage), Troll Bombs Away (six active Troll Bombs at one time), An Accident Waiting to Happen (throw three extra sticks of dynamite)
- Clobber Troll Path: Havoc Smash (smash does more damage), Stupification (smash stuns enemies), Megaton Charged Super Smash (adds a charge to the smash attack that does more damage)
- Soul Gem Ability: Troll Bomb Boot (troll bomb can be kicked; found in Oilspill Island)
- 3DS Abilities: Dynamite Lob (starting; toss dynamite), Blast Radius (starting; blow up surrounding area), ??? (level 3), ??? (level 6), ??? (level 9), Mystic Seeker Scroll (???; found in Whipwind Mountains)
Drobot is a cyborg dragon with two different primary abilities. First, he's got lasers. Second, he's got projectile gears. Drobot also has the ability to fly, which makes him a nice fit for the 3DS version since he can glide.
- Starting Abilities: Mega Blasters (shoot eye lasers), Tactical Bladegears (shoot spinning blades that bounce off walls and hurt enemies)
- Initial Upgrades: Thruster Flight (Drobot can fly!), Galvanized Bladegears (bladegears do more damage), Axon Foxus Crystals (Mega Blasters do more damage), Hover Mode (allows Drobot to hover)
- Master Blaster Path: Dendrite Focus Crystals (Mega Blasters do more damage), Antimatter Charges (Mega Blasters explode on contact, doing radial damage), Quadratic Blasters (shoots lasers out of your wings as well as your eyes)
- Clockwork Dragon Path: Depleted Uranium Bladegears (bladegears do more damage), Explosive Bladegears (bladegears explode on contact, doing radial damage), Tri-Spread Bladegears (shoot three bladegears at one time)
- Soul Gem Ability: Afterburners (fly faster and leave a damaging trail of flames; found in Battlefield)
- 3DS Abilities: Pulse Lasers (starting; fire twin lasers), Sprocket Launch (starting; shoot two sprockets to stun enemies), Wingtip Wrath (level 3; wings fire lasers), Afterburner (level 6; sprinting leaves a trail of flames behind Drobot, increasing speed when damage is done), Sprocket Lock (level 9; charge to fire three sprockets at once that do more damage); Mystic Seeker Scroll (20% bonus to health; found in Daystar Temple)
Drill Sergeant is a train-like robot who drills things. His drills can also be fired at enemies. His official catchphrase is "Licensed to Drill," which is only a few steps below "Licensed to Ill" as far as James Bond puns go.
- Starting Abilities: Drill Rocket (shoot homing rockets), Bulldoze Charge (a forward charge)
- Initial Upgrades: A Speedy Recovery (Drill Rocket reloads quicker and does more damage), Dozer Endurance (Bulldoze Charge lasts longer), Power Charge (Bulldoze Charge does more damage), Auto-Blaster (a laser that locks-on to nearby enemies)
- Drill Rocket Path: A View to Drill (increase Drill Rocket damage), DX300-Drill Detonator (drills explode on impact), MIRV Drill Rockets (Drill Rockets explode into smaller rockets)
- Megadozer Path: Speed Dozer Boost (increase speed during Bulldoze Charge), Hail Storm (Auto-Blaster fires faster and doesn't run out of juice), Mega Dozer (Bulldoze Charge does more damage)
- Soul Gem Ability: Arkeyan Armor (increase health; found in Battlefield)
- 3DS Abilities: Drillblaster (starting; fires a drill), Pulse Cannon (starting; cannon that slows down with heavy use), Drillbeat (level 4; drill melee attack), Stun Shot (level 7; Pulse Cannon occasionally fires a blue pulse that stuns), Spin Up (level 9; sprint into enemies to increase drill size and damage), Mystic Seeker Scroll (20% damage bonus; found in Sunblight Wood)