The three Magic characters not named Spyro.
In addition to Spyro and his Dark and Legendary forms, there are three other Magic-based characters: Voodood, Wrecking Ball, and Double Trouble. Voodood was released at the launch of the game, and Wrecking Ball and Double Trouble came out in waves two and three. Just so you know, Magic users are weak against Tech users.
Voodood is a shaman-looking fellow who wields an axe that he can use to attack opponents with magical energy up close, or use as a grappling hook to bring enemies in close. As you progress through the game, he also gets the ability to lay down an electrical tripwire, which can be used to great effect.
- Starting Abilities: Axe Reaver (melee axe attack), Zipline Axe (basically, an attacking hookshot)
- Initial Upgrades: Magical Tripwire Bomb (Z button releases a tripwire that does damage when enemies walk through it), Weighted Axe (axe does more damage), Tripwire Reserves (summon up to two tripwires), Extended Blade (zipline is faster)
- Elementalist Path: Roadblock Tripwire (increased tripwire length and damage), Electric Feedback (anytime you get hit, you release energy, damaging nearby enemies), Electro Axe (axe attacks do damage to surrounding enemies)
- Marauder Path: Shaman Style (axe combo attacks), Legendary Blade (axe attack does more damage), Hyperwire (zipline is faster and does more damage)
- Soul Gem Ability: Impervious Tripwire (tripwire deflects projectiles; found in Arkeyan Armory)
- 3DS Abilities: Axe Smacks (starting; melee attack with axe), Electromagnet (starting; shoot beam that functions like the zipline), Max Axe (level 4; charged axe attack), Voodash (level 7; attack while sprinting, ending with an upward slash), Foe Zapper (level 9; automatically attack enemies every few seconds), Mystic Seeker Scroll (20% damage bonus; found in Breakmarsh)
Double Trouble is a tiki man with the ability to conjure up diminutive duplicates of himself that blow up when they hit something.
- Starting Abilities: Eledritch Beam (homing beam attack), Conjure Exploding Double (Summon a clone that runs into enemies and explodes)
- Initial Upgrades: Arcane Eldritch Beam (beam does more damage), Conjure Unstable Double (clones do more damage), Summon Magic Bomb (use a magic bomb), Advanced Construct Techniques (three clones active at once)
- Channeler Path: Extended Eldritch Beam (beam has longer range and does more damage), Magical Cataclysm (bombs do more damage), Magic Armageddon (rapid-fire bombs
- Conjuror Path: Imbue Construct (hit a clone with beam and it increases in size), Rocket Power Doubles (clones launch themselves at enemies and do more damage), Spirit Construct (clones form automatically after enemies are defeated)
- Soul Gem Ability: Waterwalker (Can fly over water; found in Lair of Kaos)
- 3DS Abilities: Lightning Staff (starting; casts an electric attack), Double Up (create a clone that can explode on enemy contact), ??? (level 3), ??? (level 6), ??? (level 9), Mystic Seeker Scroll (???; found in Galecrack Castle)
Wrecking Ball is a big, giant grub worm that ate a bunch of stuff and became huge. He goes around using his tongue and his flatulence to best foes. He's pretty much adorable.
- Starting Abilities: Tongue Whap (shoots out tongue to do mid-range attacks), Forcefield Ball (shoot across the stage as a magic-enhanced pinball)
- Initial Upgrades: Magic Ball Control (increased ball damage and allows user controls), Power Belch (a burp attack that is enhanced after eating stuff), Tongue Evolution (tongue range and damage increased), Digestive Detonation (charge burp attack for more damage)
- Total Tongue Path: Lightning Tongue (increases tongue attack speed), Tongue Grabber (increases tongue damage; tongue can pick up items), Tongue Supermax (even more tongue range)
- Ultimate Spinner Path: Forcefield Blast (ball creates explosion), Swath of Terror (ball attack increases in size and damage), It's Gotta Go Somewhere (more powerful burp attack during ball attack)
- Soul Gem Ability: Enemy Slurp (swallows small enemies for health; found in Quicksilver Vault)
- 3DS Abilities: Slurp (starting; tongue attack), Burp (starting; release burp gas), Clump (level 2; roll into enemies to do damage), Gulp (level 5; slingshot using tongue), BURRRP! (level 8; charge up a massive burp to do area damage), Mystic Seeker Scroll (20% bonus to health; found in Aurora Peak)