Despite his appearance in the image, no, I am not going to play my cat for this feature.
Current Backlog Size: 12 Wii games, 2 GameCube games, 2 Virtual Console games
Goal: Play (but not necessarily beat) them all by the Wii U launch
Progress Since Last Update: N/A
My Wii backlog didn’t make me cry. After hearing horror stories of some people who have 30 or 40 games, I was scared. Then I remembered, as I gazed at my game collection, that I actually played a lot of Wii games, partially out of the fact that I reviewed around 70 of them over the past four years and I was in college for most of the system’s life (meaning I had free time).
Still, I’ve got a backlog. Check it out below and I’ll give my reasoning for why I haven’t beaten it or played it.
I'm also throwing on some GameCube and Virtual Console games to this list, though if I'm in danger of not making my goal, I reserve the right to remove them. My focus for this is the Wii games.
I anticipate that I will be distracted by replaying Super Mario World and Super Metroid instead of completing this. It's already happened...
- Bully: Scholarship Edition - I literally bought this at the beginning of July as part of a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal at GameStop. I don’t even feel bad for not playing this yet.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns - I got to around the fifth or sixth world in this game, which I didn’t even get until a post-Christmas sale the year it came out. It wasn’t an issue of disliking it. I just got distracted.
- GoldenEye 007 - I never really played much of the campaign. I loved the multiplayer, though.
- Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law - Despite having an affection for the show, I’ve never finished this short game. I believe I started playing it right after finishing a Phoenix Wright game, so it was just too much lawyer-ing at one time
- Little King's Story - I was really digging it, but then I leant it to a friend when I was going on vacation and then didn’t get it back for a while. When I did, it was the middle of the busy fall season.
- Metroid Prime Trilogy - I got this day it came out and proceeded to play about half of Metroid Prime and a round of Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer. I’d like to try to actually beat 2 or 3, and finish my replay of the first one.
- Pikmin 2 (New Play Control) - A new addition that I stalled while playing just because of being busy lately. I intend to beat this.
- Rayman Origins - Got it close to launch. It didn't grab me. Feel I should give it another chance.
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure - I’ve got something like seven unopened characters.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 - I never got 120 stars. I believe I crapped out at 95.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - My Wii died recently, which means my Brawl save data is toast. I feel like it’s a good excuse to replay it.
- Xenoblade Chronicles - 10 hours in and I don’t know if I’ll ever get back to it despite loving it.
- Luigi's Mansion (GCN) - This is more of a personal thing. I'm excited for the sequel, and I haven't played farther than an hour into the game since early 2002. I'd love to beat this again.
- Viewtiful Joe (GCN) - One of my personal favorite GameCube games. I feel like I should play it again in preparation for Hideki Kamiya's grand return to Nintendo systems with Project P-100.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (VC - N64) - I've never beaten Majora's Mask. I need to fix this.
- Monster World IV (VC - Genesis) - I bought this right before my Wii died. My Wii is back. I want to play it.