That's an awful lot of games for 20 minutes.
In addition to two shadowdrops and a major Microsoft announcement, the Indie World presentation dropped details on 24 other games coming to Switch in the near future.
- Torchlight II, the second Perfect World-published title after Hob, will bring its third person looter gameplay on September 3.
- The Kickstarter-backed platformer Blasphemous will launch on September 10. The video presentation indicated a September 26 release date, but the eShop and developer confirmed the earlier date.
- September 26 will see the launch of Nordic strategy game Northgard.
- The release date for Trine 4, as well as the Trine Ultimate Collection for retail, were both confirmed for October 8.
- Shin'en, makers of the Fast series, will release The Touryst in November. It's a voxel-styled 3D exploration game, with playable arcade games referencing their past works.
- One Finger Death Punch 2, a two-button brawler previously announced for Switch, will land its final blow on December 2. The following day will see the launch of Skellboy, an action-RPG starring a skeleton.
- Best Friend Forever will launch on the day of love: February 14, 2020. It's set in a doggy day care and features you trying to take care of the dogs.
- Risk of Rain 2, the sequel to the multiplayer roguelike that launched on Switch last year, will be out before the end of the summer.
- Fall 2019 was given as the release window for rhythm platformer Freedom Finger, purrfectly cromulent RPG Cat Quest II, procedurally-generated adventure Sparklite, and board game Munchkin: Quacked Quest.
- Winter 2019 will feature the "golf game for people who don't like golf" What the Golf, as well as multiplayer shooter HyperCharge: Unboxed, 3D puzzle platformer Youropa, and Roki, an adventure game developed by former art directors from Guerilla Games.
- Spring 2020 will see the release of Spiritfarer, from Thunder Lotus (Jotun: Valhalla Edition).
- The following were only nailed down for a 2019 release: Close to the Sun (first person horror game), EarthNight (procedurally-generated platformer set after a "dragon apocalypse"), and Kine (a puzzle game about three machines that make music developed by a single person).
- Scheduled for a 2020 launch are: Phogs (co-op game where the players control a two-headed dog), Eastward (adventure game with RPG elements set in a world where the population is at an all-time low, published by Chucklefish [Wargroove, Stardew Valley]), and Skater XL (skateboarding game).
First On Switch
The Kickstarter-backed RPG Dungeon Defenders: Awakened will launch first on Switch. It was originally backed for Switch and PC, and will arrive in February .