Turns out Super Mario Galaxy sold pretty well in Japan.
This week was very much a catch-up week for Media Create sales figures, seeing the last two weeks coming almost back-to-back. It looks like Nintendo have done incredibly well the first week of the new year, with 25 out of the top 30 games being on Nintendo platforms.
There were a few surprises too, both the Wii and DS versions of Mario Party reached one million in sales, as did Wii Fit. But most pleasantly surprising of all was that despite the previous seemingly slow sales of Super Mario Galaxy, it has actually clocked over 800,000 units.
Sales this week / Total sales to date
01. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo) - 196,000 / 1,484,000
02. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 127,000 / 1,011,000
03. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo) - 118,000 / 2,625,000
04. [NDS] Final Fantasy IV (Square-Enix) - 91,000 / 505,000
05. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) - 82,000 / 802,000
06. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo) - 78,000 / 2,130,000
07. [NDS] Dragon Quest IV (Square-Enix) - 78,000 / 1,118,000
08. [NDS] Prof. Layton and Pandora's Box (Level 5) - 76,000 / 683,000
09. [WII] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo) - 75,000 / 447,000
10. [WII] Mario Party 8 (Nintendo) - 66,000 / 1,145,000