The Sega saga continues, with studios getting renamed, development staff moving, and no jobs being lost.
A Sega investor relations report has revealed some more information on the Sega development studio restructuring effort set to take place on October 1 of this year. Here's a list of who will be named and re-named what after the dirty work is done:
- Sonic Team - Sonic Team and United Game Artists
- Hitmaker - Hitmaker and Sega Rosso
- Amusement Vision - Smilebit and Amusmement Vision
- Smilebit - Amusement Vision and Smilebit
- Wow Works - Wow Entertainment and Overworks
- Sega-AM2 - Unchanged
- Cinematic Online Games - Yu Suzuki's New Studio (name tentative)
The report says that about 50 developers are set to be assigned to Suzuki's COG studio, most likely taken from the other six development houses. In addition, no employees are set to be fired in this reorganization plan, which is good news for the almost 200 developers that will be working under a new development label after the move is completed.