Mario Kart Wii joins the Nintendo million-sellers club.
Famicom Wars 2 (Battalion Wars 2 to you and me) finally gets released in Japan, making a decent, but not outrageous, entry at No.6. Link’s Bowgun (Crossbow) Training is also still in the top 10, despite it being a spin off from Twilight Princess which didn’t sell that well over here in the East.
Meanwhile, Wii Sports teeters on the edge of its next milestone, the three million mark. With the total of Wii consoles in Japan being a little over six million, it doesn’t take a genius to work out that almost half of Wii owners now own a copy. (Don't forget, Wii Sports was not bundled in with Japanese Wiis, unlike elsewhere in the world.) However, will anything be able to stop the massive momentum of the PSP Monster Hunter game still at No.1?
01. (02) [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom) - 53,248 / 2,045,000
02. (01) [Wii] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 41,739 / 1,269,000
03. (-) [NDS] Luminous Arc 2: Will (Marvelous Entertainment) - 40,753 / New Entry
04. (-) [PSP] Bleach: Heat the Soul 5 (Sony) - 39,403 / New Entry
05. (03) [Wii] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 34,847 / 2,074,000
06. (-) [Wii] Battalion Wars 2 (Nintendo) - 24,213 / New Entry
07. (13) [NDS] DS Beautiful Letter Training (Nintendo) - 15,477 / 218,000
08. (04) [Wii] Link's Crossbow Training (Nintendo) - 14,442 / 156,000
09. (05) [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS: Seven Island Adventure (Bandai-Namco) - 14,182 / 147,000
10. (08) [Wii] Wii Sports (Nintendo) - 10,206 / 2,989,000
This week we have the yearly total sales for hardware. It clearly shows the top selling system of the week and year to be the PSP. The Wii is not far behind, but with all the major releases within both the hardcore and “expanded audience” categories already out in Japan, will it be able to catch up with Sony’s handheld? That all depends on what Nintendo have in store for the next half of the year.
Hardware Sales - This Week – Yearly Total
1. PSP - 70,536 - 1,754,623
2. Wii - 41,572 - 1,419,792
3. NDS - 34,905 - 1,378,157
4. PS3 - 7,701 - 408,602
5. PS2 - 7,022 - 221,294
6. Xbox 360 - 1,474 - 56,501