Contra, Gradius, Rush'N Attack and Track and Field are just some of the classics in the package.
KONAMI ANNOUNCES KONAMI CLASSICS SERIES: ARCADE HITS
More than a Dozen Classic Arcade Hits Coming to Nintendo DS with
Wireless Multiplayer Functionality and Unique Dual Screen
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. October 23, 2006 Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
today announced Konami Classics Series: Arcade Hits for the Nintendo DS.
Featuring more than 12 of the most memorable quarter-munching arcade hits of
all-time, the game will let players enjoy these timeless classics in both
their original and remixed dual screen forms and also enjoy them with
friends in special wireless modes.
Taking advantage of the unique functionality of the Nintendo DS, Arcade Hits
lets players choose from a number of screen configurations, including
horizontal and vertical combinations to maintain the original screen size of
each game at it appeared in arcades. Players can also use the system¹s
wireless capabilities to play with friends and share data such as high
scores and replays. Arcade Hits also features special modes that let players
listen to more than 100 classic songs and sound effects and review the
history of each title in the compilation, complete with trivia and vintage
Below is a list of some of the titles included in Arcade Hits:
* Circus Charlie: Take control of a clown named Charlie, making your way
through a series of circus themed challenges such as jumping on trampolines,
tightrope walking and swinging on the flying trapeze.
* Contra: In this original arcade shooter smash hit, take on the role of a
hard boiled Marine as you single-handedly eradicate a deadly alien threat.
* Gradius: Customize the legendary Vic Viper space craft as you fly and shoot through hundreds of space enemies in this timeless shooter.
* Roc¹N Rope: Play as an archaeologist and use your harpoon gun to swing
across cliffs in search of legendary treasures, avoiding dangerous cavemen
and dinosaurs along the way.
* Rush¹N Attack: Players take on the role of a tough-as-nails special forces
agent, rescuing prisoners of war and going head to head with endless waves
of gun-toting enemies.
* Time Pilot: Zip back and forth through time in your futuristic fighter
craft, saving your comrades while taking on enemies from different moments
* Track and Field: Stake your claim for the gold medal, taking part in
exciting competitions such as the 100 meter dash, long jump and javelin
throw in this classic game of athletic prowess.
* Yie-Ar Kung Fu: Deflect shuriken, dodge swords and deliver ruthless high
kicks while facing off one-on-one against a host of martial arts masters in
merciless kung-fu matches.
Konami Classics Series: Arcade Hits will launch for the Nintendo DS in March
2007. For more information on the game, please visit www.konami.com