Mario Strikers Charged and Battalion Wars II are coming to Nintendo's new system.
Nintendo just finished up their press conference at the Leipzig Games Conference. Though no Wii launch details were shown like everyone hoped, two new games were announced.
Mario Strikers Charged
- Charged is a true sequel to the hit Gamecube title.
- It will be controlled using the Wii controller and the nunchuck attachment.
- It will feature an all new roster of characters.
- Original teams will be formed by selecting one of 12 captains and and three of eight sidekicks.
- One example of how the Wii remote will be used has players targeting a ball in order to knock it out of the air and prevent a goal.
- Stadiums will now feature characters and contraptions that influence gameplay.
- The game will feature an online multiplayer mode that makes use of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
Battalion Wars II
- Battalion Wars will also get a sequel on Wii. Notice the clever BWii short form of the name.
- The game will feature THREE online multiplayer modes. These modes are Assault, Skirmish, and Co-op.
- Combat takes to the sea with five new naval units.
- Enemy buildings can now be captured and made use of.
- There will be 20+ single player missions and 15+ multiplayer missions.
PGC will bring you more information and screens as they become available. Special thanks to BigJim, ShyGuy, Wandering, and IceCold in Planet Chat for helping with information gathering.