Our NY/NJ crew is getting together on July 27 to live stream some Mega Man games.
With the 3DS being a haven for Mega Man's NES years, a lot of the Nintendo World Report staff has been reliving our childhoods (or trying to see what everyone else's childhoods were like). So, it seemed like a fun idea to get together, play some Mega Man games, and share it with the Internet. On Saturday July 27, we will be getting together to play a variety of Mega Man games and some other mildly relevant games. And since it's not really a marathon (we'll only play, at most, 4 Mega Man games), we decided to call it a 10K.
Who?: Neal Ronaghan (Director), Justin Berube (Staff Writer), Jared Rosenberg (Video Producer), Josh Max (Staff Writer), Alex and Tony Wanschura (Contributors), and Joe Patnick (Former NWR Programmer; Neal's housemate)
What?: We are playing Mega Man games, mostly from his NES days. We'll also dabble into some weird competitions of Mega Man Soccer, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and F-Zero X (or GX)
When?: Saturday July 27 beginning at 2 p.m. ET and running until around 8 p.m. ET. See below for the full schedule.
Where?: Check the embedded video below when the day comes, or check us out on Twitch.
If everything is nice, we'll take call-ins over Skype. We will update with more details if we do this.
Schedule (Times Are Estimates, As Game Time May Vary)Watch live video from nintendoworldreport on www.twitch.tv
- 2 p.m. ET - Opening and Playing Mega Man 2
- 3:30 p.m. ET - F-Zero Tourney to determine whether we play Mega Man 3, 4, 5, or 6 next.
- 4 p.m. ET - Begin Game #2
- 5:30 p.m. ET - Play a short Mega Man Soccer tourney (because why the hell not?)
- 6:30 p.m. ET - Super Smash Bros. Melee multiplayer tournament to determine whether we play Mega Man X, 9, 10, or the second place finisher from the earlier F-Zero tourney.
- 7 p.m. ET - Begin Game #3