Mario's new game has more than meets the eye! SPOILER WARNING!
A new trailer for Super Mario 3D World has surfaced, showing ten unique facts about the game that Nintendo had not explicitly mentioned in previous announcements.
As Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime warned in today's Nintendo Direct video conference, some of the following information contains heavy spoilers regarding unlockable post-game content. The listing is as follows:
1. Touchscreen and microphone gameplay: The player holding the GamePad can punch blocks, restrain enemies and moving platforms and interact with various stage elements. Blowing into the microphone will also reveal secrets, move special platforms and topple certain enemies.
2. Golden Express stage: The game features a secret level in which you board a golden train overflowing with coins.
3. Captain Toad levels: Various stages put you in the shoes of Super Mario Galaxy's Captain Toad, who must explore a rotatable 3D maze and collect Green Stars without the ability to jump.
4. Speed run levels: Some stages feature a restricted time limit and challenge you to race against the clock as you dash towards the goal.
5. Mystery Houses: On the World Map, you will sometimes come across special stages containing a series of unique rapid-fire challenges to earn Green Stars.
6. Motley Boss Blob: One of the game's bosses is a creature resembling a Koopaling, who summons a gigantic clown monster that you fight with the help of Double Cherries.
7. Top-down shooter stage: One level features a top-down scrolling platform maze where you use Boomerang Mario's projectiles to battle oncoming enemies in the vain of classic arcade vertical shooter games.
8. Kart-style stage: The game also features a level set in the world of the original Super Mario Kart, with Zipper panels that cause you to dash at high speeds as you race other players to the finish line.
9. Unlockable bonus game: You can play a special Luigi version of the original NES Mario Bros. arcade game, via Virtual Console. It is accessible to players who have save data from New Super Luigi U on their Wii U system.
10. Unlockable 5th character: Play as Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy! Her unique trait is the ability to perform the spin attack from Galaxy, letting you hit enemies even without an item while on the ground, and perform an extended jump while in the air.
We'll have much more info about the game coming soon, but in the meantime you can check out the trailer with all the footage below.