The real-time strategy game Robocalypse and the football game Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff are heading to the DS later in November.
Tecmo recently announced that Robocalypse and Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff have gone gold and will be released on the DS later this month. Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff hopes to deliver an updated version of the classic arcade style gameplay that the gridiron series is known for. Set in the future, Robocalypse is a real-time strategy game that allows players to control all the action with the stylus.
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff features 32 selectable teams, cut-scenes, stylus control, super abilities, and remixed songs from earlier games. Players have a variety of options to customize their football team and their playbook. The game also supports online and local wireless play.
In Robocalypse, players must defeat an evil robotic army with their own humanoid machines. The tide of a battle may be turned through the use of Heroes who have many special abilities, including turning enemies into refrigerators. Spongebob Squarepants writer Jay Lender scripted the game's 17 mission campaign. Up to four players can participate in local wireless play.
Robocalypse and Tecmo Bowl: Kick Off will be available in stores on November 18th for the suggested retail price of $29.99.
ROBOCALYPSE™ and TECMO BOWL®: KICKOFF HAVE GONE GOLD
Robocalyptic Real-Time Strategy and Everyone's Favorite Football Game Hit Nintendo DS™ on November 18
TORRANCE, Calif., October 30, 2008 —Tecmo® announced today that ROBOCALYPSE and TECMO BOWL: KICKOFF, both Nintendo DS™ exclusive titles, have gone gold and will be shipping to retailers across North America on November 18th.
ROBOCALYPSE – Shipping November 18
Developed by Vogster Entertainment™, ROBOCALYPSE is an innovative real-time strategy game (RTS) that offers deep strategic warfare with a twist of humor. Players can compete head-to-head in wireless multiplayer matches with up to four people or lead an army to victory in the comical single player story mode campaign penned by Jay Lender (SpongeBob Squarepants™).
The title received IGN's Best of E3 2008 runner-up spot for Best Strategy Game for Nintendo DS.
- Robots with Attitude: Choose from over 10 different robot units with specialized skills and weapons all with their own distinct attitudes and personalities.
- Wacky Weapons: Over 20 groundbreaking weapon types with spectacular visual effects, including, Converter Cannons, Falling Anvils, Head-Crack'n Gauntlet and Digitizers.
- Total Stylus Control: Simplified controls and innovative Action Flag system reduces the complexity of commanding units. No buttons – just point and tap.
- Multiplayer Mayhem: 2 to 4 multiplayer local wireless DS multi-card play– Play head to head or co-op with unique maps and multiple play modes, then track your progress in the Hall of Fame.
- Heroes Win the War: Courageous Heroes embody powerful abilities and can be controlled directly in combat. Rampage Mode, Conversion (turn enemies into refrigerators) and Leadership (unite soldiers into a single fighting unit) are just a few of their supreme capabilities.
- Epic Storymode: A hilarious storyline by Jay Lender, a writer and director of the acclaimed cartoon series SpongeBob Squarepants™ and his writing partner Micah Wright, known for his writing contributions across multiple mediums. Military routines are accidentally installed into prototype robots, turning them into hunter killers. Disaster ensues and to save humanity, a new batch of robots is implanted with the brain scans of retired WWII vets, giving rise to an oil-swilling, brawling, robotic dirty dozen. Campaign includes 17 unique missions, hidden objectives and a robust reward system.
Pre-order your copy of ROBOCALYPSE today at GameStop (www.gamestop.com) and receive a custom DS skin! Robocalypse has been rated "E10+" (Everyone 10 and older) by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) and will carry a suggested retail price of US $29.99. More information on the title including screenshots and a trailer can be found at www.robocalypse.com.
TECMO BOWL: KICKOFF- Shipping November 18
Based on the wildly popular Tecmo Super Bowl™, TECMO BOWL: KICKOFF adapts the old-school style and revitalizes it for a newer generation of gamers. The classic, over-the-top, all-American football game enables players of all levels to engage in a fun filled, fast paced, arcade style of football.
The title earned IGN's Best of E3 2008, Best Sports Game for Nintendo DS as well as a runner-up spot for 1UP's Best of E3, Best Nintendo DS Game.
- Customize your team: Choose your team colors, emblems, player names, team cities and abilities.
- Wi-Fi and Wireless Multiplayer: Play against your friends across the country or across the room.
- Variety of teams: Choose from 32 different teams across the country.
- Cut-scenes: All-new cut-scenes showing off the dramatic presentation of various plays.
- Super Abilities: Tactical use of the abilities will devastate the opposition.
- Stylus Control: Feel the action as you use the stylus to control your player.
- Customizable Playbook: Choose four running and four passing plays to your liking.
- Music and sound effects: Turn up the heat on your opponent as you play the game to rock 'n' roll remixes of the most memorable tunes in football gaming history!
Pre-order your copy of TECMO BOWL: KICKOFF today at GameStop (www.gamestop.com) and receive a TECMO BOWL t-shirt! TECMO BOWL: KICKOFF has been rated "E" (Everyone) by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) and will carry a suggested retail price of US $29.99. The Tecmo Bowl franchise website, including information on the upcoming title is available at www.tecmobowlgame.com.