Engage in the historic aerial battles of World War II with IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey for the DS.
505 Games has announced that they will be bringing 1C Publishing's IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey to the Nintendo DS early next year.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey engages the player in the aerial European battles of World War II including The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily, and Korsun. The port of the classic PC title will feature an all new damage effects engine, giving the player a visual representation of the damage taken to their aircraft. Additionally, the title will have an enhanced visual presentation and a flexible difficulty system, ranging from arcade to full-on simulation.
Experience IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey's 50 missions early next year for the Nintendo DS.
A Time to Fight, A Time to Prey
505 Games brings multi-award winning flight sim to consoles and handhelds.
Milton Keynes, England - 505 Games will be bringing 1C Publishing’s IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey to the console market for the first time. Developed by Gaijin Entertainment for Xbox 360 and PS3, DiP Interactive for Nintendo DS and DYNAMICSYSTEMS for PSP, the game takes place during the greatest aerial battles of all time (discounting Pterosaurs) and boasts the most realistic landscapes and aircraft seen in any flight sim. IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey will be published by 505 Games under the 1C Label and is due for a 2009 release.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey is based around large-scale aerial combat over the ground-based military operations of World War II. Players participate in the war’s most famous confrontations piloting fighters, battle planes or heavy bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are five seats of war to engage in – The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun – representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.
As well as advanced environmental visuals enriching the game play, IL-2 also boasts an all new damage effects engine. Players can see real time damage to the aircraft such as holes in the wings and trail lines during dog fights. Hundreds of airplanes taking part in air battles is a distinguishing feature of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey and the unique environmental engine also produces highly detailed, realistic landscapes that allows players to see a brand new simulation of ground support actions.
- Authentic World War II atmosphere
- Engage in more than 50 thrilling missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe and fly historically accurate aircraft
- Completely flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation
- Thrilling multiplayer mode support customisation – from the colour scheme of your plane to your choice of weapons.
- Cutting edge, highly-detailed visuals, realistic sound and original music from Jeremy Soule (composer of Company of Heroes, Dungeon Siege, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Guild Wars, Neverwinter Nights, Prey, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Total Annihilation, Unreal II, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, and many more.)
505 Games will publish IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey on the 1C Label for PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS and PSP in 2009.