Author Topic: Zelda Coming This Year!?  (Read 3685 times)

Offline CreedDBZ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda Coming This Year!?
« on: May 17, 2004, 09:59:35 AM »
Anyone happen to check out the game page that ebgames has for the new zelda game?  It has the ship date listed as October 10th.  I know its a typo, it has to be, but how awesome would it be if that came true.  Talk about the best stretch of game releases in history.  Zelda, and then RE4 and MP2:E.  There would be no reason to ever leave the house again!!!  And if your a gamer w/ the xbox you get halo 2 during that time as well.  
The Hunter is among us ...

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Zelda Coming This Year!?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:07:22 AM »
It's definitely a typo...I expect the game at the earliest March for a stateside release...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
RE:Zelda Coming This Year!?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 10:09:11 AM »
I agee with u Bill. Even Ebgames.com is having pre-orders for a March 23 release date. Honestly I would really not be suprised if this game gets pulled back into summer 2005.
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 10:22:54 AM »
Both GameStop & EBGames are listing Zelda for October 18, 2004 ($49.99).

Both sites also list the DS for 11-29-04 ($199.99).

I find it a bit odd that both retailers would advertise the same typo. Maybe Nintendo is aiming for October 2004? While I don't see the game coming out until Spring 2005 at the earliest, it would be Nintendo's "killer app" for the holidays if they are able to pull off getting a polished LOZ onto the shelves just in time for Black Friday and Christmas.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 10:39:02 AM »
I think March is unrealistically early.  That means it will already have been released by next E3 and it means that it would likely be released in Japan THIS YEAR.  That's just too unlikely.  If they have the game that finished already they would have had it playable at E3.  I'm thinking it's going to be a Christmas 2005 game released in November or maybe October.

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 10:43:09 AM »
I don't even see Zelda out in March, 2005-  Aonuma was saying it would be at the next E3.  But how cool is having to reserve a game almost a full year before it is released?   It will build hype anyway.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline CreedDBZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 10:57:05 AM »
What makes the date really interesting to me is the fact that originally both sites had the date listed for june of 05 i believe.  To move up the date with an exact release like that is odd unless they have reason too.  Also, the home page at gamestop says it is shipping in Fall of 2004.  Either someone knows something or their is a major hacker out there having some fun w/ these sites because as of now it seems too legit on both to be a simple typo.
The Hunter is among us ...

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 03:53:27 PM »
Or gamestop made a typo and the other sites got their info from them......?
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 04:37:47 PM »
well they did keep it pretty darn secretive all this time. who knows for sure when it's gunna actually be in our hands at this time.  would defiantly help boost cube sells for the last year if they had it out by this XMAS before NOV 1st.

Offline meldavid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 05:08:19 PM »
Mebbe they are getting mixed up with Fou Swords.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 05:11:56 PM »
Four Swords comes out next month
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline meldavid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2004, 05:15:34 PM »
Not in Australia though

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2004, 05:53:15 PM »
I know that Miyamoto has said a few times that he hoped to have WW2 released in Japan by Christmas, so a March 2005 release in the States doesn't seem all that unreasonable. Miyamoto did say in the E3 roundtable, or whatever it was, that the game should be fully playable at next E3, but that doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility of the game being released before then, does it? I mean, don't some games that were just recently released sometimes show up at E3?  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2004, 07:50:32 PM »
You guys are looking way too much into this.  All this is is some suit at the companies saying...

"Hey, there is no official release date for this game, so nothing is stopping us from making an estimate.  If our estimate is coming out this year, we will probably sell more pre-sells and further fleece the public."

I'm sure after one company did that, the other company just followed suit.

If you are a gamer, do the industry a favor and stop pre-ordering stupid announced games from companies like ebgames and gamestop.  Its one thing to pre order a game with a solid release date, but this is just ridiculous.  It harps back to when i was buying my cube ON LAUNCH and the damn guy at ebgames tried to talk me into pre-ordering mario kart.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2004, 08:26:18 PM »
Considering Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, and now Pikmin 2 were moved from the beginning of summer to the end, I don't want to get my hopes too high, or even expect Zelda until November next year. I agree with PaleZero, it's like how EBWorld and Gamestop are listing prices for DS and its games. If they think they can make more sales by having you preorder months, years in advance, then they're going to do it for their bottom line.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2004, 09:30:52 PM »
Odifiend: That's nothing. Ask the people who preordered Duke Nukem Forever on day one.

I'd say that's the spinach effect: One person makes a mistake and noone bothers to do any research themselves and just copies the erroneous data.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 12:31:01 AM »
EB's pages on the new games are totally conjecture.  Nintendo specifically said Zelda would be 2005 and the DS would be 2004.  What does EB say? Zelda in October, and DS in March.  Whatever...
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 10:40:30 AM »
Actually, Bloodworth, EBgames.com has DS coming out November 11th, but they don't have any games releasing until March 1, 2005.  Try to figure that one out.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 03:26:33 PM »
I have the magic equation.  EB + (Release date greater than 3 months) = teh suck.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2004, 09:15:56 AM »
If i remember correctly at E3, the Nintendo rep told me:

1. yes it's real.
2. no seriously we are making this game.
3. no joke, stop asking me the SAME QUESTION!
4. we don't have it playable.
5. we will have it playable by next E3.

Offline Metroid187

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 04:10:29 PM »
i heard that is is coming 2005

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 04:51:28 PM »

Originally posted by: meldavid

Crap, now they are putting Shaq in a Zelda game.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2004, 05:19:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Uglydot

Originally posted by: meldavid

Crap, now they are putting Shaq in a Zelda game.

:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram