Author Topic: Announcing the ALL NEW Planet GameCube Forums!  (Read 3448 times)

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Announcing the ALL NEW Planet GameCube Forums!
« on: February 07, 2003, 10:55:59 AM »
You asked for it, you got it!  We're now hosting our very own Forums!  Go get your new Forum account NOW!

It's been a long time in coming (back), but they're finally here.  We seem to have gotten some of the last little bugs worked out, and we're now ready to unleash <a href="http://www.planetgamecube.com/forums">our new Forums[/url] on the world!

The new Forums are different from ezBoard in many ways, so you're bound to be disoriented at first.  Make sure to take time to look around and read some of the posts before you jump into the fray ... many of your likely questions have already been answered.  Most importantly, make sure you read the Rules and the FAQ so that you're aware of what kinds of things will have your access removed.

We're still going to be making changes to the Forums as we come up with ideas, so be prepared for cool surprises and updates!

:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline bmcg69

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 10:56:43 AM »
To Rick and all the staff that helped bring this new forum to us:

I would just like to say thanks for all the work that everyone does.  I truly appreciate all the hard work you guys do to bring us this fine forum.  I don't contribute to the forums too often, but I am interested in what other people have to say about Nintendo.  Thank you for keeping this forum so well run and easy to read.  And also thank you that you guys do it not for money or glory (obviously, since you guys don't get paid), but for the love of Nintendo.

Give yourselves a pat on the back for a job well done.

Bryan
DISCLAIMER: Poster makes no guarantee that the above expressed information is accurate, complete, current, new, spelled correctly, or grammatically correct. The above-stated information is instead provided on an "AS IS" basis, and is subject to revision with or without notice.

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 02:21:23 PM »
Good job Rick, keep up the good work.

Offline spartus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 02:26:59 PM »
Cool that Planet GameCube got away from ezBoard. I don't like them so I never joined. Now, I can talk with other GameCube owners about.....whatever.  
My systems: Jaguar/Jaguar CD, Saturn, 3DO, N64, Dreamcast, Genesis, NES, SNES, GameCube, PS2, Xbox.

Offline NSVN64G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 03:56:41 PM »
I plan to bring a lot of cool topics into this forum. Look for my topics in Xengamers
"Whenever you make great progress in a game always remember to save. I learned that the hard way."-Me
Nintendo Consoles I Currently Own: NES, Gameboy, SNES, Virtualboy, N64, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and GameCube.
Time Clocked in Super Smash Bros. Melee: 164 Hours 34 Minutes
Come see

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 04:37:44 PM »
What did Rick mean by making it even better? Is awesome now.... Is Miyamoto going to get an account?

Offline DarkNite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2003, 05:51:00 PM »
This place rules!!!
Chicken Pox?! Mom, what is this guy? A Veterinarian?! - Calvin

Offline Ikaruga

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 03:22:44 PM »
Good to see a new forum installed. I hadn't come to PGC's forums since the old green one was discontinued.  

Offline Lucent97

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 09:37:32 PM »
Thanks to all involved and making gamecube fans a place to chat and call home
*sudden urge hum "cheers" theme *
Destiny belongs to those who search for it

Offline SuperCube

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2003, 05:39:09 AM »
The only things we need now are avatars. Ones that aren't hosted by the site that is.
"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."

- A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)