Author Topic: Virtua Fighter Quest and Skies of Arcadia sequel news  (Read 5280 times)

Offline Bishman

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Virtua Fighter Quest and Skies of Arcadia sequel news
« on: August 14, 2003, 09:00:29 PM »
http://games.kikizo.com/features/soj_int_2003.asp

Suzuki-san, we know that Virtua Fighter Quest features the cast of the VF series, can you tell us anything more about Virtua Fighter Quest at the moment?

Yu Suzuki: Well, in Virtua Fighter 4 it's realistic figures - the ratio of the size of the head to the body, is one eight. But for Virtua Fighter Quest, we're making it one to five [smiles]. There will be some RPG elements, but when it's finished it might be a little closer to an adventure game. We only started the planning stages last summer so I'm not really sure how it'll turn out yet!

and....

You seem like a very happy guy, why such a violent game like Shinobi? And is there going to be a Skies of Arcadia sequel?

Noriyoshi Oba: I don't think it's such a violent game! [laughs] The Skies of Arcadia sequel is in the planning stages at the moment.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
RE: Virtua Fighter Quest and Skies of Arcadia sequel news
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 09:10:08 PM »
hmmm... no news is good news, I am told.  But I really want to see Skies of Arcadia 2 on GameCube in my lifetime.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE:Virtua Fighter Quest and Skies of Arcadia sequel news
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 09:15:55 PM »
so they'll be more in appearence to fox or link in the vfq
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 10:16:26 PM »
Sounds a little like what the VF characters looked like in VF Kids. Personaly I think this is cool, but I know a lot of people will think it sounds "kiddie".

Anyway I wonder if they are going to bring back Taka the sumo, He was one of my best characters.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 11:30:17 PM »
SKIES 2 yes! im upto about 50 hours in skies, and still haven't finnished it so a sequel (it better come out here >=|) would be perfect!

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 05:27:26 AM »
PIAC,
I've played 76 hours and I'm still not done!
MSN- vicious_child_48@hotmail.com
Add at will pplz!

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2003, 06:53:24 AM »
If I recall correctly, the VF kids had heads that were actually as large if not larger than their bodies. So a 5:1 ratio shouldn't look all that bad. It probably won't even be noticeable since we're so used to seeing characters with large heads in RPGs.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2003, 09:30:53 AM »
As long as the gameplay on VFQ isnt dumbed down, i could care less how the characters looked really.... oh and i want Skies of Arcadia MMORPG!  

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2003, 10:16:28 AM »
I have to finish that game... Hopefully before Soul Calibur 2 comes out.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2003, 10:19:09 AM »
I want to buy it before I finish it.  At the moment I am unwilling to pay shipping costs involved with getting it.  But maybe in another month that will be remedied.  

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2003, 12:18:19 PM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
I want to buy it before I finish it.  At the moment I am unwilling to pay shipping costs involved with getting it.  But maybe in another month that will be remedied.  

Why don't you buy it from amazon.ca. They have two new sections: Computer &  Videogames, Software. Unfortunately Skies of Arcadia is priced at $79.99. BTW you have free shipping on purchases above $39.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2003, 01:00:42 PM »
YES!  I can't believe that Amazon.ca finally has video games.    That's news to me.  I will definately be buying it from them then.

The problem is that I am moving soon, and I am not sure if it would get here before I moved.  I am not really sure that I want to pay $80 at the moment either though.  Besides, I might be leaving my TV behind, and it might take me a while to get a new one.

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2003, 07:21:38 AM »
Grey Ninja,
I ordered from Amazon.ca for the first time last month. If you choose to get free shipping, you'll wait a long time for your game. I ordered Skies of Arcadia on July 16th and got it August 11th. If I would have known, I would have choose a different shipment plan. It would have cost a little more, but it would have been worth it.
Add at will pplz!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »
Funny, this has been up since February, and people are just noticing it.  Oh well...
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2003, 08:49:57 AM »
"PIAC,
I've played 76 hours and I'm still not done!"

Holy $#!t- 76 hours? I've been playing for like 10 hours or so and I can't get past that guy who burns down the forest.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2003, 02:24:49 PM »
Mouse_clicker, I tend to leave my Cube on (don't even question it). I'm sure I only played about 40 hours or so in reality. I'm close to the end too so it does make sense.  
Add at will pplz!

Offline Ms.Pikmin

• Ow, my GOB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2003, 04:28:08 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker
"PIAC,
I've played 76 hours and I'm still not done!"

Holy $#!t- 76 hours? I've been playing for like 10 hours or so and I can't get past that guy who burns down the forest.

I've only played about 30 minutes.  I guess I've got a ways to go. huh?

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2003, 12:26:03 AM »
Don't feel bad.  I'm at the start screen!

Ninja - why don't you order it from DVDBoxOffice.com?  It's CAD$70.95 and free shipping.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2003, 04:40:43 PM »
Kitten, so you've left your Gamecube on, with Skies of Arcadia Legends in it, for 36 hours without playing?

40 hours is still a long time- last major RPG I beat ran me about 30 hours. Then again, I breezed through that because I couldn't beat a particular boss (mini boss, actually ) and leveled up all my character 10 levels. That tree burning guy is still giving me trouble. Either I'm just not good at RPG battles or my characters's levels are too low.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2003, 05:24:33 PM »
well, i haven't left it on at all, and im 56 hours at the moment, and i know im close to the end of the game, but then i do spend a while just flying about looking for discoveries and such

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2003, 07:02:41 PM »
I'm at 48 hours or so, and I'm at the final boss I think. The first day I got Skies I played 8 hours straight.

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2003, 03:31:15 PM »
I usually take a while with my RPGs........I'm in such a rush to find out more about the story. I took 90 hrs for FFX, and I haven't even seen the ending becuase my ps2 freezes whenever I try to go to the boss fight (Sin).

I've been playing for about 52 hrs but....

SPOILERS*

I just got the ability to fly under islands, recently got my Island and crew, and battled it out with the imposters for a bounty.....so I probably have a ways to go, right?

END SPOILERS*

yep there you have it. I love RPGS.....
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2003, 04:02:59 AM »
Mouse_clicker, I found all discoveries, got all my crew members, got all the treasure chests, got all chams, I've defeated all bounties, I finished the Moonfish and Piastol quest, I beat Elcian, I unlocked the three secrets, I got the title of "Vyse the Legend", and everything else you can think of in this game, I've done it. I beat it yesterday I had 104 hours on that file, but it was probably just 70 hours or so.

Oh and Molobert? I played 12 hours straight the first time I rented Skies
Add at will pplz!

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2003, 11:43:07 AM »
Holy #$%&. I don't know anybody who plays RPG's that extensively. I know one guy who liked to look in the barrels all the time in Breath of Fire, and I do enjoy getting all the Djinni in Golden Sun, but never have I met anyone who actually COMPLETES RPG's 100%. You've risen up a great deal on my respect-o-meter. And I still can't even beat that damn tree burner!

I bet I've got one of the longest gaming marathons, though- 18 hours straight for both Ocarina of Time and Grandia II.  

Offline >X< Kitten >X<

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2003, 12:05:34 PM »
Well congradulation on 18 hours straight. I would most likely fall alseep.

Yes I do complete all games 100% (Well at least I try...renting becomes a problem here but the games I buy are going to be completed at it's fullest.) But I use FAQ's to help me in SOME elements of the game. *Feels the "respect-o-meter" go down again*

As for the battle with De Loco you can't seem to win, well just use the Harpoon Canon as much as you can and heal yourself when you're damaged. I'm sorry but that's all it takes and that's all the help you're going to get from me.
Add at will pplz!