Author Topic: Cube to be Number 1 at Summer  (Read 9149 times)

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Cube to be Number 1 at Summer
« on: June 29, 2003, 03:03:31 PM »
think about it

when you got games like ;

F-zero
Mario kart DD
Mario tennis
Mario Golf
Final Fantasy cc
Mgs Twin snakes
Viwtiful Joe
Soul Caliber

there bound to lift the cubes sales , dont ya think

wat other games are as well
"We ride together, We die together, Bad boys 4 life....

NOW CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKAAAA

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 03:07:11 PM »
When the Cube is getting outsold by the PS2 by something like 3 to 1, I really doubt a good summer lineup is going to topple that.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 03:15:48 PM »
Well most of the games won't be out yet in the summer, at least in Europe (d'oh confusing symbols)

And if I look at it a second time, this line-up won't improve Nintendo's image a bit, will it?  

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Cube to be Number 1 at Summer
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 03:16:07 PM »
Yeah, they'll boost sales. But push Nintendo into number one? Never. PlayStation 2 just has too much of a lead.

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 03:16:07 PM »
edit: you two Infernal Monkey, what a coincidence.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 03:16:17 PM »
EDIT: Crazy double post.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 03:17:42 PM »
He never said cube would lead, but yeah, it'll probably boost sales.

Oh wait, he did say that.  Nevermind, then.  
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline DRJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 03:27:11 PM »
As much as I would like Nintendo to destroy Sony, there is no way. The gap is too huge. Nintendo made a lot a good first steps with the Gamecube, and with quality releases and now the GBP, their sales will go up. Nintendo should be able to do some more damage next gen if they release first, or at the same time as sony.

PS1 almost outsells Gamecube each month, its only $50, but come on.

Nintendo will do good this year, and they just need several quality titles next year, and a good launch lineup the GC2.
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2003, 03:44:14 PM »
i did'nt mean Number 1

i meant number 1 for the summer- with Mario Kart bound to be a million seller - it will sell systems

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2003, 03:51:17 PM »
Number 1 for Summer, possibly, but then we don't know the line up of X-Box and Ps2 and whether they have a strong line-up. Also, wonder what nexts years line-up will have? Zelda, RE4...?

Offline Gup

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2003, 03:57:49 PM »
not to be a downer or anything, but

F-Zero, Mario Golf
     good, but wont sell systems
Mario Tennis
     i dont think it's coming out this year
FFCC
     GBA connectivity will turn people away (i'll still get it, but. . .)
MGS: TTS
      there's a true sequel coming to PS2
Soul Caliber
      multiplatform, but with Link, it'll probably sell better than Xbox's and maybe PS2's
"You can't act like your opinion on something is the way it IS."-m_c

Offline HolyPaladin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2003, 04:18:37 PM »
It won't be number one for summer or for anything else but number one for getting its nuts crushed into jelly.  Gamecube is the console that should have kicked butt but didn't, falling behind after dramatically slowing early on.  At first, it outsold Xbox ridiculously, but Microsoft pumped up adverising and threw out steals for Christimas to put Xboxes into people's homes while Nintendo sat by watching.  If Nintendo fought as hard as Microsoft did from the beginning, Gamecube should be much closer behind PS2 with a clear shot at it with Xbox trailing behind in the dust.  Unfortunately, that is what should have been, but we had to wait for old leadership to step down, then, but doing so all too late for Gamecube's salvation.

Yes, there are decent GCN titles on the way, but not nearly as many titles as the competition has flooding them.  Gamecube might see a needed boost, but not flying past anybody.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

If whatever I just posted sounds rude/hateful/whatever then you probably read it wrong, but I will insert apology here, anyways, just in case.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2003, 04:20:34 PM »
final fantasy will sell - i mean cmon its final fantasy
Fzero and mario golf wont sell systems but will most likley be at nomber 1 at the sftware charts
Mario Kart will sellmillions and systems
im pretty sure Mario Tennis is out this year
and Mgs 3 wont be out for ages and people will want to see what changes have been made.

But next year will suck for the Cube i mean all there is -is;

Metroid 2 - havent played the first one but about to bvuy it.
Zelda - let down by windwaker
Mario- didnt sell that well
Starfox-Looks like ****
RE4- not sure how thatll do

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2003, 04:24:49 PM »
If you want an outsiders point of view, that line up is un-impressive. With an imphasis on the array of mario sequels.  

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2003, 04:29:08 PM »
yeah cause mario sells  

600 000 is bad for a Mario game imagine wat good is

Offline Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2003, 05:12:51 PM »

Originally posted by: akdaman1

But next year will suck for the Cube i mean all there is;

Metroid 2 - havent played the first one but about to bvuy it.
Zelda - let down by windwaker
Mario- didnt sell that well
Starfox-Looks like ****
RE4- not sure how thatll do

Aint it bit too early to start complaining GCs next year line up? this is June, if you dont happen to remember, theres still over 5 months left of this year so of course they havent revealed nearly any of next year line up. Looks like people are peering too much in to next generation they cant even concenrate on this moment.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2003, 07:41:51 PM »

Originally posted by: akdaman1
yeah cause mario sells  

600 000 is bad for a Mario game imagine wat good is

Actually Super Mario Sunshine has sold over a million in the US alone. Including copies sold in the bundle deal it has sold about 1.6 million in the US. It sold jus under a million in Japan and has sold over 2.5 million worldwide.

Anyhoo, the cube will never be number one. Sony could release the PS3 with no games and still outsell anything Nintendo makes 3 to 1. Sony is "cool", no matter what the games are like. People dont care about good games anymore, good games dont sell. *starts rambling on about the console wars and what mainstream gaming has become*

Offline Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2003, 07:47:53 PM »
You know what i figured out? next generation and the one after that will be won by MS. thats right. Wanna know why? Because its secret conspiracy formed with Nintendo, Sony and MS, that one rules two generations in a row. first it was NES and SNES, then PS1 and PS2, next it will be xbox 2 and xbox 3 and then GC 4 and GC 5 and then its PS turn again. Im so clever...

And i have rock hard proof: My Tingle Tuner told me.

Offline akdaman1

• the forum idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2003, 09:14:01 PM »
its not possible for it to be number 1 but it will put up a good fight at summer
not comparing to ps2 but it wont be getting killed by it or anything............not with games like that

Offline BrianSLA

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2003, 11:14:10 PM »
Number 1 this summer..... seriously doubt it. Again like everyone else has said Sony handily outsells Gamecube. BUT even that said what makes you think that pitiful lineup will sell megamillions when Metroid Prime and Zelda don't megasell. Remember Splinter Cell on Xbox alone handily outsold Metroid ( I predicted that early on these boards and everyone said I was wrong. Nope.).  

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2003, 09:13:09 AM »
I think Nintendo has a very good chance of becomming #1 this summer.  They are advertising constantly.  I am seeing their commercials on stations they never advertised before.  I counted 4 different commercials in less than 1/2 hour a couple of nights ago.  Even Best Buy is becomming more "Nintendo friendly", where before it was all about the XB.  They had multiple TV's up playing demos of upcoming Nintendo games, they had tables of Nintendo products, including Game Boy Player (they only had 2 left), and tons of GC and GBA games (normally they were always out of stock).  Customers in the stores (I'm not talking about 10 year olds) were looking at the GC games and watching/playing the GC demos.  I did not see 1 person in the PS2 or XB section, everyone was in the Nintendo section.  
Enough ranting, my point is I do see a resurgence.  Let's hope it continues through the holidays.

Offline reivned

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2003, 10:01:02 AM »
I can't believe some people really think that Mario Golf and Mario Tennis will sell systems ... the only people who care about those games are Nintendo and Mario loyalist, period.

Mario Kart might sell a couple systems, though.

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2003, 11:03:38 AM »
I don't know what you guys loved about Mario Tennis. After a few hours in one day, I was sick and tired of it.

Secondly, Nintnedo needs to advertise. Full fledged advertising. They have to put their posters above X-Box's. They have to rip down Sony's. They have to play dirty and mean. This is no more fun and games, but WAR. Nintnedo must declare WAR. DESTROY THEM. YES DESTORY THEM....MUUAAAHAHAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ok...maybe I got carried away.

But you get the picture?

And no, GC will never outsell PS2 in this generation.

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2003, 11:21:21 AM »
Nintendo needs to not only advertise BEFORE a game comes out, but continue to advertise AFTER the game is out, like PS2 is doing with GTAVC.  I can't believe I am still seeing commercials for that game after all this time.
I think they need a special edition GC/GBP bundle like Japan.  I don't know that the word is getting out enough about the GBP other than Sunday's ad at Best Buy.  
I think the Evanescence concert is a good idea and I hope that does well.  Maybe they should do a mall tour like XB is doing.
As for Mario tennis and golf, I think these games will sell well but I don't think they are system sellers.  I do think Mario Kart will sell some systems though and hopefully FFCC will too.

Offline WesDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2003, 05:29:39 PM »
FFCC has been on the most wanted list in Japan for quite some time. I think it'll sell pretty well there, and probably pretty crappy here in the US. Anyways, I've just decided that gamers are stupid anymore. They'll pass up Metroid for Splnter Cell which is down right silly IMO. I'm excited about Mario Golf and Mario Tennis. They both proven to be great games in the past. Instead of saying the only ones who care are Nintendo and Mario loyalists, I'd say it's just people who like great games and have been playing long enough to know they are great. Nintendo could put an entire new cast in if they wanted (that would be stupid,  considering the great cast they've got and brand name appeal but they could) and the games would still be great.