Author Topic: Pre-E3 Ninendo Direct tomorrow...  (Read 12462 times)

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-E3 Ninendo Direct tomorrow...
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »
I hope this pre-fight donut we're getting today is a sign of how Nintendo will approach all their E3s.  Hopefully we'll see a much more aggressive 'N'.  While they're at it, they should squeeze in a Spaceworld event.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 05:05:52 PM »
The thing I remember most about the Wii E3 was the incredible lines for the Wii.  I think they are going to make some announcements and possibly mention some games to get the ball rolling for something similar.  Sort of put up a flag to get tide going in their direction.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
NWR Mario Kart 7 Community - 15-771-2023-1792  Come join while we wait!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 06:00:25 PM »
the printscreeen button in windows only captures the screen, but in old dos-apps it used to actually print it out. You dont have to press alt anymore.

Alt+ Print Screen is different than just Print Screen.

Print Screen captures the entire screen.  Alt + Print Screen only captures the active window.

well damn i learned something new and useful today
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 06:17:21 PM »
Ugh, video is painful to watch.... non-specific action figure... man o man.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 06:33:59 PM »
Yeah, I know... They're not making Citizen Kane here. It's over-the-top and on-the-nose to show how you can use Wii U and Miiverse. I get it even if I cringed the entire time.

The Wii U Pro Controller... almost seemed like Iwata was going out of his way to dodge the multiple GamePad (glad it has a name now) question. We'll see on Tuesday. There's no way they can dodge it then.

Nice to see some new footage of New Super Mario Bros. Mii (or whatever they call it). I noticed some added detail to the background.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »
I felt a lot of Caving to random people in that presentation.  I'll have to wait for the crews verdict on the Analogs.  I like to hear from the people who have actually used the other version.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »
BlackNMild should be happy about the TV remote function. It may not be as complex as he would have wanted but it nice to know that Nintendo thought about it. I don't see why Nintendo couldn't upgrade it for more functionality through a firmware update if they wanted to.

The GamePad seemed really thick. I, too, want to hear the staff's verdict on it.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI3rO3PbYOo

well i guess those friends broke up finally

it was nice to see an update on their lives
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:54:30 PM by ThePerm »

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »
Oh man my body is ready.  ;D
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 07:14:53 PM »
I actually kind of liked the video, in that it's demonstrating an effort on Nintendo's part to get with it a little bit. It was obnoxious, but employed contemporary cultural irony, which might be a first for Nintendo (I guess that Mario Sunshine commercial might count). I feel like the 30 Rock crowd might enjoy it.

Everything's looking pretty slick. I doubt I'll make much use of the social functions they demonstrated, because it's almost certainly going to be easier to just go on the internet to look stuff up, but I am impressed nonetheless. The online screen sharing function looks pretty awesome; I've long thought that digital media needs to be easier to share, and swiping a Youtube video onto the TV is a step in a cool direction.

I just wish that they'd teased an actual game for even a second (Wii Sports 2 and NSMBM notwithstanding)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
Apparently, the cheevo whores will be pleased.

I hope there's a Miiverse Bronze for people who don't give a flying f**k about these features and just need access to the shop.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline cubist

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »
Hats off to Iwata!  That man is ALL IN with the Wii U.

I mean, seriously, we've been asking Nintendo to focus on their online functionality and they're finally committed to delivering.  It's only a matter of time before the innovation of Nintendo takes online gaming to the next level.  I'm just sayin'.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »
Man... you guys have no idea how happy I am. I mean really, you have no idea! I'm so happy!

The social elements within the system are pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned. Wii U message boards, easily accessed for help, video chatting while your game is paused. That interface with all the Mii's and those nintendo game app thingies look so slick! Is that thing going to be on the 3DS as well?

I would never leave these message boards, but I know for a fact I am going to use the hell out of the system within the Wii U. Sometimes I stop playing games so I can talk about what I just experienced. Now I feel like i'll be able to sit there, play, give a quick comment, and go right on with the game.

This is going to mean so much for my future Smash Bros sessions. I'm so happy.

Those funny little app things, looks like a teaser for Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Donky Kong Country and Yoshi's island.

Also glad I only own one classic controller pro. This new X-Box controller looks to be even better.

NSMB looks really nice by the way. Those back ground and it's art style give it that fresh look we were asking for.

Loved the commercial by the way. It looked like it was purposely done in a way that makes fun of the stereotypical gamer, enhanced with over acting. It got the message across and I loved it. I am so happy are U?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:48:37 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 08:56:26 PM »
I would never leave these message boards,
If the UE4 isn't announced for Wii U I will leave the NWR forums for good. I know I did not give people false hope!
How can I trust you now ;p
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 09:13:41 PM »
I didn't mind the commercial

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 10:12:50 PM »

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »
I am happy with what you've shown so far, Nintendo.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 10:23:28 PM »
That's an interesting picture because there are no Nintendo devices. It works both ways.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2012, 10:50:45 PM »
I am pleased with all that has been shown so far.

Remember, folks, this Mii stuff is only going to happen with the people who you've built a community with. I'm sure Nintendo will also have privacy settings, like disabling messages for people who are annoying. But for the most part, the people you spend time and share gaming experiences with are the ones you'll be seeing on Miiverse and posting messages. Which is cool, in my opinion.

The features set up here are really awesome, and I think it has tons of potential. I hope it doesn't spoil the idea that games should be able to be completed on one's own, however. That's also important.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2012, 10:54:33 PM »
I would never leave these message boards,
If the UE4 isn't announced for Wii U I will leave the NWR forums for good. I know I did not give people false hope!
How can I trust you now ;p

Well you see... what I meant to say was... not that, yeah.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 02:03:30 AM »
cool ideas but that video was super cingeworthy