Author Topic: Check out this hot new meme  (Read 4817 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Check out this hot new meme
« on: September 01, 2011, 06:47:31 PM »
Dancing Baby

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Re: Check out this hot new meme
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 07:07:02 PM »
Even more current!

"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:37:07 PM »
Do the hampster dance!

Bert is Evil

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:12:41 PM »
The Eyebrows make him Teen Rated.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline zachs1997

• Mr. Yuk Is Mean! Mr. Yuk is Green!
  • Score: -47
    • View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »
Dancing Baby

holy crap. Man it will nevet get beter than this. Mind blown.
If I had a dollar for ever time I have heard that. Because a dollar is worth more than a nickle.
Zachworlds.enjin.com

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 06:13:06 PM »
That Baby is probably the same age as you now. Maybe it IS you.

Offline zachs1997

• View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 06:44:31 PM »
Maby. Btw off topic I just pimped your website on my facebook
If I had a dollar for ever time I have heard that. Because a dollar is worth more than a nickle.
Zachworlds.enjin.com

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 09:24:40 PM »
I remember back in the original day of the Hamster Dance (and the internet in it's prime, really - remember the hamster in the microwave?), I was just guessing other "____dance.com" sites, and guessed jesusdance.com - it's gone now, but it was pretty hilarious when it was active...15 years ago.

Edit - here's a mirror (or maybe the original page) - http://www.angelfire.com/id/hern/
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline zachs1997

• View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 10:16:58 PM »
Now that's funny
Zachworlds.enjin.com

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 10:45:46 PM »
By the way, thanks for the facebook mention!

Offline zachs1997

• View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 12:21:40 AM »
No problem
Zachworlds.enjin.com

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 04:54:29 PM »
Guys, check this out!

It's called a "Lol Cat." There's even an entire internet web page dedicated to them! Link
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline zachs1997

• View Profile
    • zachworlds
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 12:41:35 PM »
Owww my head. How did they get the cat to say that
Zachworlds.enjin.com

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 12:50:58 PM »
holy crap. Man it will nevet get beter than this. Mind blown.

It never has.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 08:43:20 PM »
I remember back in the original day of the Hamster Dance (and the internet in it's prime, really).

Definitely its prime.

The sense of discovery and individualism is gone, and you'll never see it in such force ever again. This is largely thanks to corporate consolidation. For better and for worse, there are no longer any free hosts and tool sets like GeoCities and Tripod. Everything is portal driven now, almost to the point of being as primitive as AOL was back in the day. Fewer and fewer people have personal websites. Hell, most companies seem to be forgoing websites nowadays. Instead of dumbed-down channels like "AOL keywords" you have "Friend us on Facebook". If it's not on or linked to through Facebook, Wikipedia, or YouTube most people will never have a chance of seeing it. The internet was, for a brief period of time, a place of complete freedom and expression. It seems that once it became truly ubiquitous, it began to quickly devolve into just another media channel... It's meant for consumption, not participation and creativity.

...and that's without even getting into the sinister side of things that become more and more prevalent every day. People giving up anonymity and privacy for access to things like social networks, making it even easier for marketing teams and governments to track and log masses of information? Indeed, the internet is a wonderful failure for the individual. It has certainly become a boon for those that would shape ideas and public perception though.

:(

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 08:51:21 PM »
It has really changed a lot, Back in the late 90s early 2000s, different protocols were around like nntp newsgroups and IRC (done through real IRC programs) Even messenger programs were a seperate animal. They all got gobbled up by the WWW monster. Now the browsers war like the Operating systems used too, and soon the website landscape will look like the current software section of Best Buy.

Social Media sez:

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
Haven't blogging sites made website building much easier? Plus now we have music and video at our fingertips and giant storage limits for images.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 09:06:55 PM »
When it comes to everyone having their own Geocities site... guh.  Give me FaceBook over that mess any day.

Some people just don't have the talent (both artistic/design and programming) to develop a decent looking webpage.  The GeoCities era is what spawned The Hamster Dance.  I don't want to go back to that.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »
Getting on the city water and sewer is easier than digging a well and installing a septic tank, but you lose something too.

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
Some people just don't have the talent (both artistic/design and programming) to develop a decent looking webpage.  The GeoCities era is what spawned The Hamster Dance.

I agree, but at least it was their vision and work that made it possible. It wasn't just a repository of personal data to be exploited by advertising companies (like Facebook and Google). Besides, there were plenty of great looking and very informative pages to come out of even GeoCities, and those would always lead you to other quality sites via web rings. I think it's harder to find even quality personal websites today. It seems that no one really wants to control their online presence. They're all happy to be exposed via sterile, corporately controlled outlets.

If you searched for something with WebFerret back in the early-to-mid nineties, chances were you'd find hundreds of personal websites with varying opinions and levels of information. Nowadays though? One search engine is more or less the other, and the only results you ever really get are Wikipedia, YouTube, and the established media outlets... all spouting the exact same thing. That's not bad in and of itself, but it's definitely not what I would have liked as an outright replacement. Ideally it would all co-exist together, like it did for a short transitional period of time.

Maybe it's just because I'm a full-time artist. I embraced the internet in its relative infancy because of the great potential it had as a tool for communication and expression. That potential and ability is still there (perhaps even more so as technical limits have decreased), and yet the human element continues to ruin it through a seemingly apathetic attitude toward it all. Most people treat the internet like they would television or the radio, where they are simply consumers. That's not why I fell in love with it as a tool, and it makes me sad to think back to what it once was and how things could be today.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »
The Internet is so much better now, most sites back in 1998 and earlier were pretty crappy and the percentage of good ones was low. It's better than ever now, ESPECIALLY if you are an artist.

Sites like Wikipedia  and YouTube get most of the results because they are popular and usually very good. There is nothing stopping others sites, but people tend to flock to what they think is best. I do like people having more options though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 11:06:53 PM »
I used to have a geocities site.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 11:41:45 PM »
Sites like Wikipedia  and YouTube get most of the results because they are popular and usually very good.

Citation needed. :P

Seriously though. YouTube is 90% garbage and Wikipedia has strayed so far from its original intent that its really only good for a quick references or brief synopsis. With the introduction of HTML5, YouTube has little to no real purpose. Even without that, I'd rather see a real website with the creator's video content than their shoddy little YouTube channel. It looks more professional, it's far easier to get your message out there, and you don't have to answer to anyone. Control is everything, and people seem so quick to give it up. It's very perplexing that people don't want to own their online presence, instead opting to have some faceless entity profit off of it.

I'm willing to bet that you primarily consider the internet to be better today because you aren't old enough or weren't technically inclined enough to fully utilize it during the early-to-mid nineties. While today's internet certainly offers a lot of convenience, it almost completely sacrifices choice and options in the process. It's not because personal sites have been outlawed, but because people have been conditioned to just not care. The potential for a great internet experience is still there, but the powers that be (whether corporate or government) are trying very hard to make sure it becomes just another passive channel for entertainment.

...Huxley had it right all along. :(