Author Topic: Nintendo To Make Big Announcements?  (Read 14719 times)

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo To Make Big Announcements?
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2003, 06:54:39 AM »

Oh lordy ... yes, I would say that there are big announcements coming. People are so quick to shrug
off Nintendo Power these days, but maybe after next week, they won't be so quick to shrug it off
anymore ...

omg... the NEW super mature happy bloody radically boobie cool MEGATON ANNOUNCEMENT!!!  GCs will
be FLYING off the shelves... the second coming of NINTENDO... anyone a hundred meters from the
epicenter of the announcement will be annihilated from the impact... whole cities will be in pandemonium...
stores will be ripped to shreds as everyone riots to get a GC... many retail employee's lives will be lost...
nintendo won't be able to keep up with demand... this will be the greatest wicked
awesomenakedlystupidGNARLYVICIOUSBLOODPOWERFULTESTOSTERONESUPERSEXYYOURFACEWILL
CLEARUPANDYOURSOCIALINEPTNESSREPLACEDWITHMACHOISTICHIPATTITUDECHILLINDRUNKYOU
WILLGETLAIDBYHOTGIRLSCRAZY COOL!!!

... NINTENDO POWER editors... ...starring in their OWN EXCLUSIVE GC video game!!!!!!
OMFGTWBSFIICHSEFCSY!!!111!!!!!11!11

note: this should be marked as a  rumour though.    
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2003, 07:02:28 AM »
Found another rumor on newtechnix.com

Games such as a Mario and Luigi RPG and Pokemon Stadium are listed with their dates

As always, this is considered a RUMOR
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
RE: Nintendo To Make Big Announcements?
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2003, 12:19:20 PM »
Well, a Big Announcement is open to perogative, but I expect something big this year. Last year Nintendo had the big guns at E3, Mario Metroid and Zelda.... this year its Mario Kart and thats about it...

Offline Emissary

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2003, 02:57:58 PM »
Now don't get pissed at me but I work at MS and I've heard the higher executives talking about actions to acquire Nintendo. I lack necessary hacking skills to bring out the plans of the MS's shareholders. I'm a fan of the big N myself so as soon as I can have enough info I'll post it in here. We are talking about thousands of billions here and of course that if I get to leak this info I'll most surely face great consequences but I'll do everything to have you informed.

Just right now all what I can say that the last year was all part of MS scheme to get hold of nintendo... may your good wishes be with the Great N.

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2003, 03:45:53 PM »
Typical Microsoft! Lets just say for a minute that the rumor is true; Microsoft is not able to best Nintendo so Micosoft would do what it does best and buy up rivals so they can get what they want! The guy that posted that information ran his mouth off in the wrong place and what he said is going to anger a lot of Nintendo fans including myself. I wouldn't doubt that MS is thinking about it and it just hope and pray that it never happens. What do you guys think about that?

The Doc  

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2003, 03:51:33 PM »
MS already tried to buy Nintendo and failed.
Besides, Nintendo (a company that makes hundereds millions in the gaming industry) would be stupid to let itself be bought by a company that is currently losing millions in the industry.

People need to get over this idea that MS can just buy anyone.
A company can only be bought if it wants to be bought. It's been reported that MS has tried to buy Nintendo, Sega, and Square and obviously none of them let it happen.

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2003, 04:01:02 PM »
I agree with you mike and Microsoft has to learn that they can not just buy any company they want. I highly doubt that Nintendo would let itself be bought out a company such as Microsoft. Nintendo will be around for a long time to come.

The Doc  

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2003, 04:03:41 PM »
Emissary, thanks for the tip, but I am sure that MS wants to buy everybody, especially those more profitable than them.

I really don't think that Nintendo is for sale though.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline SmellySocks

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2003, 04:33:01 PM »
Don't give the guy too much credit.  I could also get on here and say I work for Microsoft, but that would be a lie.  Has he ever posted here?  If not, I wouldn't believe much of what he says.  Take his comments with a grain of salt.    
What's that smell?

Offline The Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2003, 04:35:35 PM »
True. True.

The Doc

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2003, 04:37:10 PM »
No, Microsoft did actually try to buy Nintendo- I believe Steve Kent mentioned it in one of his articles. Before they started making the Xbox they offered to buy Sega for something like $9 billion but was declined. They then approached Nintendo and offered them $25 billion, who also declined. Minoru Arakawa said they were a bit baffled by the proposal since they have absolutely no need for money and are perfectly fine financially.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline SmellySocks

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2003, 04:43:54 PM »
This guy is talking like it's a new offer though.  Most of us probably know about Microsoft's offer almost 2 years ago.  "Thousands of billions of dollars."  Yeah, right.  I'm thinking he was being sarcastic.

Sorry, I have to do this:

Hey, guys!  I work for NoA, and I just heard some great news from the mail room.  Word is, Sony is secretly working with Nintendo on Playstation 3.  The new system will be called the Nintendo Playstation.   This is hush-hush info. and if the big wigs of the company find out, my job and my life is seriously jeopardized.  I'll keep you guys up to date on any new info.  SHHH...don't let anyone know it was me, SmellySocks, from Little Rock, Arkansas who let you know.

Cough...cough...cough.   Gurgle.    Super-secret info!!!  Moo.
What's that smell?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2003, 04:48:37 PM »
Thousands of billions of dollars is over a trillion dollars, which I'm fairly certain not even Microsoft has. And you're right- the offer was very long ago.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2003, 09:03:33 PM »
Just on a whim, I was browsing through another forum.  It seems that we are being talked about behind our backs.  Wouldn't really bother me if I didn't know the people doing the talking.  

It seems that they think that there is some mass hysteria here among us fanboys over that tidbit.  Personally, I don't see anything out of the ordinary going on here.  It's not like they are any better at dealing with unproven news sources.  I have a few examples that would show them just how "reasonable" of people they have posting there.  (why, I remember that there was this one time there... this guy said that he had made this cool program, and half the board flamed him for stealing the work of other people without any evidence that he did.  In the end they were right, but I defended the guy until it became clear that he was in fact stealing the work of others.  I still stand by what I said too, and I am sure I can find a link to that thread still.  )

Anyways, I think it's only fair that if they link to us, we can link to them.  I encourage the people here to stick up for themselves.      

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2003, 10:35:44 PM »
Whoa that forum is freaky Grey Ninja, those people are weird

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2003, 10:49:22 PM »
Heh.  You don't know the half of it.    I used to be one of them, remember?  Trust me, those people are bigger freaks than you will likely ever know.  Some of them are loveable though, others are unbearable.  Others... you just deal with.  (Hi Kaiser.    Miss me enough that you had to come looking for me?)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2003, 10:54:44 PM »
o_O yay planetgamecube boo them
rather not get into an interforum war

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2003, 10:59:19 PM »
Aw come on... it would be lots of fun.  Besides, they started it.  We are the good guys in this case.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2003, 11:24:28 PM »
yeah they started it, but meh doesn't mean we have to finnish it, they can be all happy feeling superior, no skin off our ehm.. bandwith

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2003, 03:06:25 PM »
Bah.  That's the problem with being a Nintendo fanboy.  Nintendo people are far too passive for the most part.  If this was an Xbox board, I would have loads of people going over there to bash them.  Ah well, I think I made my point anyways.    Kaiser seems humbled.    I love how Kane says that I started that though.    Just like old times.

Alias, I don't really keep tabs on NGEmu, I just go there from time to time when something interesting is going on, and that thread happened to catch my eye.  I just found it exceedingly hypocritical that Kaiser was laughing at us, when NGEmu is no different.  And I do think that Nintendo has faults, I just don't think that they are as faulty as others make them out to be.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2003, 02:27:31 PM »
Where were the BIg announcements? Other than Geist nothing shocked me... Im disapointed.

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2003, 03:18:18 PM »
what were you expecting? HUGE announcements that would shake your very existence? riight... nintendo just isn't that kind of company
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2003, 03:35:50 PM »
I was expecting something better than some zelda franchise cow milking games and a Pacman remake. What else was impresive from Nintendo? Other than Geist nothing really and its disapointing. I mean where was Too Human? a Kid Icarus sequel? a GCN Golden Sun.... ect

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2003, 04:02:07 PM »
Where'd you get the idea Nintendo had a Kid Icarus sequel and Golden Sun in development for the Cube? Sounds like speculation to me.

Anyway, I agree that Geist was really the only big shocker here, though- the two Zelda games sound unimpressive (isn't one just a way to play Four Swords on a TV?), and I have 0 interest for any Pokemon games other than the main ones. It wouldn't have hurt Nintendo to maybe show Mario 128 and Too Human on video- afterall, both are much farther along than Metroid Prime 2, I'm sure.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2003, 05:14:36 PM »
LoZ:FS for the GC is NOT just a way of playing the GBA version on your TV.  Read the preview up on main site, and you'll see
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~