Author Topic: DSi screen protector problem  (Read 7117 times)

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
DSi screen protector problem
« on: July 15, 2009, 06:23:47 PM »
Hey guys,

I've had my DSi since the US launch, along with the official Japanese Hori screen protectors.
I hadn't used it for a few weeks then decided to open it.
And this is what I saw:

The bottom screen protector looks like this! I tried to clean it but that blurriness thingy seems to be between the protector and the screen itself. What should I do? can I remove it and try to apply it again? do I need to buy another one?
I have no idea where the heck this came from! Maybe because of the heat?  ???
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: DSi screen protector problem
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »
Link
Quote from: NoA
If you are using a screen protector, make sure that it is licensed by Nintendo. Unlicensed screen protectors may affect the visibility of the screen you are using it on. For more information on licensed products, please click here.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:59:43 AM »
Well, the Hori screen protectors ARE licensed by Nintendo in Japan.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 04:44:06 AM »
That's all I could find on the matter. Other people are having the same issue, but I've not come across any solution yet. Sorry :/
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 02:19:10 PM »
Remove the screen protector.  Is the film on the DSi screen itself?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »
@Stratos: it's ok.
@vudu: I'm not sure, I need to check it out.

I think I may try to order another screen protector, they're only 3 bucks on play-asia.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »
They're generally reusable.

The first step is to remove the screen protector and find out if the film is on the DSi screen or on the screen protector.  Then clean whatever's dirty and replace the screen protector.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 03:23:21 PM »
Ok so the film is on the screen protector. I'm gonna try to clean it and put it back.

edit: hmmm, I'm not sure how to clean this. I tried to clean it with plain water and dry it with a soft cloth but when I re-apply it, I have like a million air bubbles between the protector and the screen and can't seem to make them go away.  ???
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 03:32:23 PM by Ghisy »
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 03:44:16 PM »
Make sure the screen protector is dry.  You may have to leave it out in the open air for a couple hours to ensure all the water has evaporated.

Apply the screen protector slowly starting from one side and smooth it out with a credit card edge.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 08:02:49 PM »
You know, Neither me or my wife have had that problem with the awesome screen protectors we got from BestSkinsEver.com.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.