Poll

Should the two upcoming light saber games be delayed to get 1:1 controls ?

Yes delay both games I don't mind
3 (17.6%)
Yes delay Force Unleashed, not Clone Wars
6 (35.3%)
Yes delay Clone Wars, not Force Unleashed
6 (35.3%)
No release both games as scheduled
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: July 24, 2008, 08:15:24 PM

Author Topic: Star Wars Unleashed & Clone Wars should they be delayed to use WiiMotion plus?  (Read 4014 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Sadly Wii Sports Resort with Motion Plus won't be out until Next Spring, and two light saber games coming this fall. Do you think they should delay them to use better controls?

I heard both games use similar controls and they work pretty well.

I say Clone wars can stay this year, and Force Unleashed be released next year. That way we get a taste of controls with/without motion plus and see the difference. Also it's much smarter to not release two similar games so close to each other because they would cannibalize sales.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
I say no, and I think polls should be banned again its quite annoying to see a million of them now.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I think one should be delayed...the reason being is that two Star Wars games in a couple of months just seems like over saturation...and since Clone Wars is more of the fighter of the bunch, and the Wii exclusive I think it should be delayed.  While Force Unleashed needs to come out about the same time as the other games, so that it can sell.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I vote for one game delayed. I really want to try a light saber with 1:1 controls.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
Maybe they should build a light saber duels game from ground up??

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
I'd vote for one game delayed too, the Clone Wars Wii game. It's exclusive, so it can be delayed without the other versions stealing the market.

... or, yeah, as FOC said an original game ground-up now would be good.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Force Unleashed focuses more on force powers and less on the lightsaber so it should stay how it is. I'd rather they make a new game with Motion Plus in mind from the beginning than shoehorn it into something that's almost done. I'd like to see something along the lines of the Jedi Knight series, a FPS, something the Wii excels at, that also has 1:1 lightsaber controls.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Well, as Miyamoto once said: a delayed game is good eventually; but a rushed game is crap forever.
is your sanity...

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Daikatana
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Does it really matter? Star Wars games have this tendency to be utter crap anyway.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Well, as Miyamoto once said: a delayed game is good eventually; but a rushed game is crap forever.

Forgive my saying so, but some games are disposable.  Mainly the ones that have at least one iteration coming out every year.  This includes Star Wars.  I guarantee at least one Star Wars games will come out in 2009 that uses the MotionPlus.  It's best to release these games now and wait for the inevitable sequel for 1:1 light saber battles.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile

That can be true but shoehorning things at the very last minute never feels good.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
Does it really matter? Star Wars games have this tendency to be utter crap anyway.

I keep seeing people say this, but off the top of my head, I think think of FAR more good Star Wars games than bad ones. wtf are you guys playing?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile

I keep seeing people say this, but off the top of my head, I think think of FAR more good Star Wars games than bad ones. wtf are you guys playing?

Dirk has a point, I really can't think of any bad star wars games. Not many great ones, but definitely not bad.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
A quick search on Metacritic shows 59 games that received a score of 70 or better and 20 games that received a score less than 70.

3 out of 4 not being bad ain't bad.  :D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!