Author Topic: New Nintendo Portable...when?  (Read 21129 times)

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: New Nintendo Portable...when?
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2008, 11:24:11 AM »
You wouldn't waggle the portable. I was thinking they could have some little wii-mote thing which would be about the size of a laser pointer or something, and would have just 1 or 2 buttons and run on a tiny rechargable battery, and it could snap into the portable when not in use.

You really don't think something like that could be done?

It can be done but it destroys the portability of the portable device.  If I have to make actual motions I can no longer play the DS on the subway or the bus.  We need to remember that these are meant to be played on the go and often around and right next to other people.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »
I think this will happen, screens a little wider than the DS's, multi-point touchscreens (on both screens), better viewing angles on screens, firmware updates to combat piracy, legacy DS support, better microphone, better wireless antenna, GBA slot for GBA BC and accessory packs, connectivity to the next Nintendo home console.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2008, 04:53:21 PM »
The more I think about something happening the more I realize the earliest something would happen is Late 2009 and then only in Japan, with a 2010 release elsewhere. 

I definitely believe that by 2011 we will have a New Nintendo portable.  There is just so much more to add the the complete DS package...and it would be nice to get that.  I still think that an analog stick is an absolute must for the DS...and Virtual Console Support for at least NES, SNES, Genesis, and Turbo Graphics 16.  Basically Legacy system backwards compatibility. 

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2008, 06:02:36 PM »
Yeah, I can't wait for VC to make it onto the next Nintendo Handheld. So awesome...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2008, 08:32:36 PM »
Yeah, I can't wait for VC to make it onto the next Nintendo Handheld. So awesome...

Better yet if Nintendo does something like Sony is doing allowing remote play. I would have no problem if I had to buy the virtual console games and transfer them to the next handheld which you basically allow both systems to play a game that you paid for once.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2008, 10:22:29 AM »
Flames:  I dunno how Nintendo would do it any other way...since we already have the VC on the Wii and paid for the games.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2008, 11:32:51 AM »
That'd be interesting...and it'd have a button on top so you could hold it upside-down pen style and click it?

I dunno... but wouldn't that be cool if it could also double as a stylus?

DS Stylus + Wii-mote combined = Awesome innovation for the next Nintendo handheld!

looks like my post was ignored
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mikintosh

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »
Yeah, I'd imagine this is a ways off (2011 sounds right), and I'm betting it'll be about PSP-level in graphics but still have the dual-screens to accomodate its predecessor. Including camera and music and whatever in it is a bit much (this isn't an iPhone), but if they could be done at no extra cost, then I wouldn't mind. The motion control idea, however, is ridiculous. There's a reason the Wii is only meant to be played at home: you wouldn't want to be caught on the subway flailing around like that.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2008, 06:21:44 PM »
These seems to be the newes thread to talk about a new ds.  I was trying to play my DS outside when I thought of this.  With the green initiative that has swept the US if not the world it be good to play to that.  Here is what I was thinking.

It seems that full color e-ink is coming to fruitation.  With it even starting to be deployed on Billboards and other advertisements.  Its main advantage is low power, no need for a backlight, and thrives where a normal book would thrive.  There have been reports that they have full color screens that will do 70 fps.

Pretty much just a new ds with the greener screen.  Wouldn't need anything else really.  Since the touch portion is done with a film on the screen the background screen can change.  Now in an ideal world.

I would also develop a better design to hold the DS one handed.  Playing Phantom Hourglass is really hurting my hand and putting it in uncomfortable positions in places I normal play portable games.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2008, 06:48:46 PM »
These seems to be the newes thread to talk about a new ds.  I was trying to play my DS outside when I thought of this.  With the green initiative that has swept the US if not the world it be good to play to that.  Here is what I was thinking.

It seems that full color e-ink is coming to fruitation.  With it even starting to be deployed on Billboards and other advertisements.  Its main advantage is low power, no need for a backlight, and thrives where a normal book would thrive.  There have been reports that they have full color screens that will do 70 fps.

Pretty much just a new ds with the greener screen.  Wouldn't need anything else really.  Since the touch portion is done with a film on the screen the background screen can change.  Now in an ideal world.

I would also develop a better design to hold the DS one handed.  Playing Phantom Hourglass is really hurting my hand and putting it in uncomfortable positions in places I normal play portable games.

That's a really cool idea and something I could see Nintendo doing if the cost is right.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2008, 01:01:32 AM »
You know I like the idea of some how advancing the technology of graphics and that electronic ink technology to make it easier on the eyes.

If a major color advancement in that could be made...then it could be the future of the DS brand.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2008, 03:58:45 AM »
Ink doesn't need a backlight but neither does the original Gameboy...

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2008, 04:00:04 AM »
You know what else doesn't need a backlight?  Those digital picture frames.  Very tacky with the light beaming off of there.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2008, 10:44:50 PM »
with the wiimotionplus i think that will be built into the DS2 so it can be VERY precise movements with tilt, and twisting.

I also think New Super Mario Brothers 2 and Nintendogs 2 will be in launch window

both screens be touch, and have 2 spots you can touch at same time.

with sales of DS staying massive it might be hard for Nintendo to make a new one but since so many developers seem to be maxing out the system with 3d i think they will be pushed to release it sooner than later. So I stick with holiday 2009.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2008, 06:06:31 PM »
I think that Nintendo will make a new DS mostly because they'll get tired of working around the one screens 3D deficiency but, I still think my revision idea is still most likely with the strong sales.  Also making it much thinner I didn't realize how thick the DS Lite is.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2008, 07:13:17 PM »
no new nintendo handheld.  go home, internet.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
Why does anyone want new hardware this generation has been more expensive.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2008, 11:51:40 PM »

Because shiny new hardware makes some feel more manly along with Gears of War II and Resistance. ;)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2008, 02:26:40 AM »

Because shiny new hardware makes some feel more manly along with Gears of War II and Resistance. ;)

So lets see
Wii squared - 349.99 (the new mass market price for HD stuffs)
DS advantage - 249.99
Xbox 720 - 499.99 super duper version  399.99 gimped version that no one wants
PS4 - 699.99 Untouchable edition  549.99 slightly more bearable edition
PSP 2 - 299.99 with more RIIDDDGGGEEE RACERRRR