Author Topic: Nintendo Stock Plummets!  (Read 6740 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Nintendo Stock Plummets!
« on: February 07, 2008, 08:52:22 AM »
Wii Fad Confirmed!

Share holders have realized the Wii's success is just a fad and they are tripping over each other in a frantic race to sell their shares before the stock becomes worthless!

(Actually, it is really just something to do with the weak U.S. dollar, or something like that. But I thought a little sarcasm would be fun.)  
is your sanity...

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo Stock Plummets!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:43:33 AM »
Fears of a recession have all stocks getting slammed over the last month or so.  Nintendo makes a "luxury" product, and its sales would suffer in recession situations.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:58:58 AM »
I'm sure stocks of all companies are dropping down the board since people are in money conservation mode rather than money investing mode.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline bgrugby60

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Stock Plummets!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 11:08:25 AM »
You know its bad when stores in New York accept Euro's along with American money. It reminds me of when I went to Canada when I was 19 and how stores loved it when I paid with American money...how the mighty have fallen...for a while.  

Offline walkingdead2

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 03:50:48 AM »
ahhh we will bounce back.  it just takes time no economy stays on top forever.  what we need to do is make sure neither mccain, obama, clinton, or huckabee get elected.  then convince romney to get back in to the race.  he will fix the economy. and even if he cant... the others most surly cant.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 04:23:04 AM »

Originally posted by: walkingdead2
ahhh we will bounce back.  it just takes time no economy stays on top forever.  what we need to do is make sure neither mccain, obama, clinton, or huckabee get elected.  then convince romney to get back in to the race.  he will fix the economy. and even if he cant... the others most surly cant.

NWR Forum Rules
The following topics are off-limits unless specifically approved by a moderator, and will result in the thread being deleted.  Any reposting of these off-limits topics will result in the user being banned:

* Religion
* Politics
* Nationality
* Sexual Orientation

Yes we will bounce back, but that is the natural trend of the economy. However, lets keep politics out of this as instructed in the NWR Forum Rules.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 05:03:24 AM »

Originally posted by: Mr. Jack

NWR Forum Rules
The following topics are off-limits unless specifically approved by a moderator, and will result in the thread being deleted.  Any reposting of these off-limits topics will result in the user being banned:

* Religion

* Politics

* Nationality

* Sexual Orientation

Yes we will bounce back, but that is the natural trend of the economy. However, lets keep politics out of this as instructed in the NWR Forum Rules.

Yeah but Evan doesn't even follow the rules!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 05:07:15 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

Originally posted by: Mr. Jack

NWR Forum Rules

* Religion
* Politics
* Nationality
* Sexual Orientation

Yeah but Evan doesn't even follow the rules!

Why do we have to obey the forum rules if the forum doesn't have to obey the laws of time and space?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 05:42:27 AM »
time to buy nintendo stock!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline walkingdead2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 12:09:07 PM »
sorry for injecting real life in to this forum... i will make sure to keep my right to free speech at bay from now on.  im new to these forums so im not aware of your fascist  ways.  viva Castro

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 12:17:59 PM »

sorry for injecting real life in to this forum... i will make sure to keep my right to free speech at bay from now on.  im new to these forums so im not aware of your fascist  ways.  viva Castro

You have no right to free speech here, this is a private forum.

J.P. Corbran

Offline walkingdead2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »
i have no right to free speech... cause this is a private forum... ok what i said was a bit of a sarcastic joke but what you said was just ignorant.  im in America and last time i checked i had the right to free speech any where within the united states.  sometimes there are consequences and i understand that.  but private or public my right stands.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 12:52:39 PM »

i have no right to free speech... cause this is a private forum... ok what i said was a bit of a sarcastic joke but what you said was just ignorant.  im in America and last time i checked i had the right to free speech any where within the united states.  sometimes there are consequences and i understand that.  but private or public my right stands.

But you don't own the board, so you don't have a right to free speech here. You have a right to free speech on public property, but this board has private owners. Would you want someone to go into your home and you couldn't do anything because they have "free speech"? It doesn't work that way. Free speech isn't a right on private property.  
is your sanity...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »

I should have phrased it better, the meaning was that your right to free speech doesn't apply here. The 1st Amendment says "Congress shall pass no law abridging freedom of speech..." This means that the government can't stop you from or punish you for saying something (and there are exceptions to that that I won't go into). This forum is not the government, and when you joined you agreed to follow the rules, and they are fully within their power to prevent you from saying something.

J.P. Corbran

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 01:47:25 PM »

AahhHHAHAahh maaaayBE dey SHOlllld BRING baCCK the

~ GOLD STANDARD ~

Offline walkingdead2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 02:21:20 PM »
thats just a dumb argument because free speech and breaking in to my home are 2 different things.  

im not saying that they don't have a right to set guidelines but as i said it was kind of a sarcastic joke... and even after reading that i said it was a sarcastic joke you still decided to continue on this line that i don't have my right.  you don't want to give me my right but i bet you want to give the detainees that aren't American citizens in gitmo there rights don't you you ultra liberal... go back to your hippie commune... and learn to take a joke dude.

i want to let this rest as it is but you guys keep replying to this thinking that you can interpret the constitution better than i can.

p.s.  i wold love to go back on the gold standard but we just don't have 14 trillion dollars worth of gold lying around.  but it sure would help.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 03:06:31 PM »

you don't want to give me my right but i bet you want to give the detainees that aren't American citizens in gitmo there rights don't you you ultra liberal... go back to your hippie commune... and learn to take a joke dude.

lawl. Yeah, you are going to last long here, especially if you cry fowl and cite a differing political view as the reason for it when the rules forbid political discussions (and that rule has even been addressed in this thread).

i want to let this rest as it is but you guys keep replying to this thinking that you can interpret the constitution better than i can.

You want to let it rest... yet your statement above says otherwise.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 03:41:25 PM »
It was only a matter of time before it hit. And yes this is the time to buy Nintendo stock. Because of the nature of the "luxury" item that Nintendo sells it puts it in a sweet spot where it is considered "recession prof" (no such thing) So if the Wii and DS keep on sell like they have the stocks will go up in no time.

This isn't politics per-se just a little information of the structure of government. The President has little to no power over economy, he can send bills through but it mostly in the charge of the legislature and the US Bank.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 03:42:17 PM »
Wow, this topic went down the gutter fast!  
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 03:59:37 PM »

I want to let this rest as it is but you guys keep replying to this thinking that you can interpret the constitution better than i can.

You aren't better able at interpreting the constitution than the Supreme court, and they agree that free speech doesn't extend on to private property. When you registered here you agreed to the rules, and those rules include not discussing politics.
is your sanity...

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 04:05:42 PM »
Cease and desist or this thread is locked.  
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 04:50:06 PM »
I'd go ahead and close it.  It was a joke thread anyways, and what's inside is pretty painful.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 04:52:18 PM »
Ah yes, the "free speech and dictatorship" argument. If I had a nickel for every time I heard that used in a forum argument I could probably buy 2 Wii games...

In all seriousness, someone should write a book about how to properly handle online debates and the first thing it should say is "Don't turn the argument in a social rights debate because the mods said that you were going against the rules".

Online forums are NOT public places. You have to join them in order to fully participate in their discussions. And when you do, the first thing you do after you input your info is agree with the site's term of services. Once you say "Yes", it means that if you go against it you are banned or punished. Yet, more and more people seem to ignore that and cry foul the minute someone gives a warning.

If you want freedom of speech, go to places like 4chan and Encyclopedia Dramatica where NOTHING is sacred and you can speak your little mind off. If you want to hang around these parts, though, better follow the rules. You are more likely to get accepted quickly if you play along rather than re-enact "The Patriot' because a mod told you to quit something.  
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 06:02:44 PM »
And on that well-written note, the thread is locked. Feel free to start a new thread about Nintendo's floundering business model elsewhere.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog