Author Topic: 5 reasons why Dead Rising should be on the Wii  (Read 11469 times)

5 reasons why Dead Rising should be on the Wii
« on: April 05, 2007, 05:27:35 PM »
1. Playing as a Mii for more then just sports.

Except for Wii sports, not many games let you use the Miiā€™s to actually play as yourself, everything else you really didnā€™t have full control of the character throughout the entire game.  Dead Rising Lets you dress up the main Character in many ways, and it even letā€™s you cross dress and where funny hats.  With Miiā€™s you can change there body shape any how there head looks, but not what they wear, see where Iā€™m going at here?  Being able to Make a Mii look like whoever you want, along with being able to dress them however you want could basely mean you can play as anyone in existence along with there wardrobe.  This way youā€™d actually be playing as a Mii for more then short bursts at a time.

2. Thatā€™s not all Miiā€™s can be used for.

Eventually, people are going to have dozens of Miiā€™s roaming around there Mii plaza.  So what will they be doing with themselves instead of wandering around the plaza for the rest of there pointless lives?  Why not give them a job as a Zombie?  Think of how awesome it would be to be going around a Zombie infested Mall and find that Chuck Norris Mii youā€™ve forgotten you made coming towards you, Zombified.  Now picture the same scenario with a Hitler Mii, a Jack Thompson Mii, or even a Mii of your friend.  In fact why stop with Zombies?  Why not choose which one of your Miiā€™s will be the main villains and even which will be your partners throughout the story.  It would make the adventure all the more personal and give your Miiā€™s some more use (But I think it would be a good idea if you can make it so certain Miiā€˜s wonā€˜t get Zombified, like a girlfriend or your parents).

3. Wii Controls, if done right, could make the game awesome.

Have anyone you Played a game called Godfather: Blackhand edition?  Well I have and itā€™s thought me that it is possible to make Wii controls that work.  All of the executions can detect your movement so well that if it doesnā€™t respond, 9 times out of 10 its your own fault, and the whole control scheme really made it a blast to play.  Now, Back to Dead Rising:  Frank (the main character) has a lot of moves in his arsenal to help him get through the Zombie hordes because what fun is killing a Zombie if there arenā€™t a ton of ways to do it?  If done right doing Kung Fu moves to rip out Zombie organs could be 10x more fun then on a standard controller.  Combine that with being able to swing weapons and shoot firearms (which was real clumsy in Dead Rising) and you got yourself a smashing good time to be had.

4. Frank Takes Pictures!

Wiiā€™s got channels, more then you probably use too often.  Well remember that photo channel it has (yes itā€˜s got a photo channel) that youā€™ve never used?  Well Dead Rising may be able to put it to use.  Isnā€™t one of the most memorable thing about Dead Rising is being able to take a picture of a horde of Zombies and have the word ā€œhorrorā€ appear a couple hundred times with an occasional ā€œeroticaā€ due to Zombie cleavage?  Well imagine taking that a step further and be able to send them to the photo channel and being able to either add sunglasses to those Zombies or send them to a friend?  NiGHTS: Journy Into Dreams will use the wether channle so whats to say games canā€™t use itā€™s other channels?  Itā€™d be awesome to send a pic of the chainsaw wielding clown right before he kills you to a friend and have a message saying ā€œdude! Look as this guy? Is he scary or what?ā€  And since all youā€™d be doing is sending pictures, you can send them to anyone on your Wii friend list without any extra codes (like what Elebits did with the map editor).

5. Yes the Wii would be most likely to handle it.

If by now your thinking ā€œNo way the Gamecube 1.5 could handle the Ub3r 1337n355 of Dead Rising.  It canā€˜t handle that many enemies at once!ā€ well Iā€™m here to tell you it may be more possible then you think.  Lets go back to idea #1 and say that all the Zombies would be Mii-esq. characters, (which wouldnā€˜t clash to much with the main character him/herself being a Mii) which, if you think about it, wouldnā€™t be too bad as long as you can tell theyā€™re Zombies (not to mention that it would be one easy headshot), The Wii would definitely be able to handle quite a bunch of those things at once.  The Mii plaza can look at 100 Miiā€™s at once, then take into account that there always wonā€™t be that many at once on screen.  Miiā€™s are probably made up of very few pixels so there can be a whole bunch at once without pushing the system too hard.  Also take into consideration games like Spartan: Total Warrior for the Gamecube which had lots of enemies on screen:

The Wii is more powerful then the gamecube and itā€™s most likely Miiā€™s take up a lot less memory then those solder models.  There may have to some sacrifices like taking out monster scenes like this

but Iā€™m sure if you make the Zombies Miiā€™s you can have any many of them at time as, oh, this:

All in all, maybe it wouldnā€™t be the 360 Dead Rising but if Capcom was to bring the series over to the Wii there are many reasons why it would rock.
Wemen are like Artichokes, you have to work hard to get to there hearts.

http://duhduhduhduh.phantomhourglass.org/main.php?id=8534

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE: 5 reasons why Dead Rising should be on the Wii
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »
Funny, one of the first set of Miis I created was the cast of Dead Rising (Frank, Jessie, Carlito and his sister). :p
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĆ©-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 05:39:43 PM »
Isbella.

Yeah, DR would be pretty cool on the Wii, but I can't fathom swinging the mote every time I want to swing a weapon.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 06:40:47 PM »
I can.

CUZ WE ARE FROM SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
RE:5 reasons why Dead Rising should be on the Wii
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 07:17:04 PM »
1 Reason Dead Rising Can Stay on Xbox 360 for All I Care (not counting the fact that I have a 360)

1. I don't feel like paying $50 to get bored after roughly 45 minutes.  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 07:48:38 PM »
But, but, 480p can't handle the awesome tiny Dead Rising text!

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 08:17:28 PM »
Ugh, Mii's in a game like Dead Rising is a horrible idea.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 08:49:24 PM »
Mii's in a game like Scarface is gold.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 09:28:37 PM »
This thread makes me wish I could afford a 360 to play the shrink wrapped copy of Dead Rising I have sitting around (the secret is to put the shrink wrap in the disc tray instead of the disc!) I honestly don't think it's worth Capcom's time, they're very busy you know, porting over the PS2's Resident Evil 4 to Wii and all! And downgrades this drastic haven't worked so far, Just Cause looked like a block of urine on PS2!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 10:06:29 PM »
DR is a good game, but RE4 is better. Naff' said.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 10:24:27 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
This thread makes me wish I could afford a 360 to play the shrink wrapped copy of Dead Rising I have sitting around (the secret is to put the shrink wrap in the disc tray instead of the disc!) I honestly don't think it's worth Capcom's time, they're very busy you know, porting over the PS2's Resident Evil 4 to Wii and all! And downgrades this drastic haven't worked so far, Just Cause looked like a block of urine on PS2!

Then again PS2 is inferior to Wii, I'm still interested to see IF Capcom can get Dead Rising on Wii without having huge changes. I don't understand why they can't downgrade the visuals a bit, maybe the AI (though I was not that impressed with it) as well, and make it work on the Wii.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 11:00:53 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Mii's in a game like Scarface is gold.
Pro's on the right track.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 11:09:14 PM »
I simply cannot fathom Capcom's mind. RE4 port to Wii? RE:UC an on-rail gun shooter? PSP Support? And no megaman on VC?!?!?!?

*sigh*

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 04:34:36 AM »
For the record, Sven at the Capcom forums did hint it may be coming.

So I'll add this:  Dead Rising will be coming to Wii with a few bonuses.  The presentation will be downgraded from the 360 version, but the way they're doing it makes it tough to see the differences.

You shall see.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 05:06:16 AM »
Using the Wii-Mote to pick up stuff and beat the crap out of zombies really seems like a no-brainer. I believe it will happen - but I don't think the Wii will get a port of the 360 game. Instead, it will either be a side story or a full-blown sequel built from the ground up, specifically for the Wii. I like the idea of using the Miis however, not in their current caricatured form. Instead, I would like to see Mii implementation utilizing the characteristics of the Miis, but in a realistic way to generate "human"-looking characters (as suggested a while back when the concept of "Mii" was first announced).

All of the Miis in your Mii Plaza should be made into the main characters of the game (or as many as possible anyways), meanwhile all of the Miis visiting your Mii Parade should be recreated as the army of the undead you will ultimately have to beat into submission.    
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 05:11:30 AM »
You know it makes perfect sense to cash in on an RE4 rerelease.  I'm sure there where features in the game that they wanted to implement but didn't have enough umph with the Cube.  Now they have it and if they were smart how they did the extras on the PS2 they can just use the Gamecube engine and enable/debug some of the taken out effects.  Walla... New release.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 06:34:30 AM »
I am holding you to this Omen. HOLDING!

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 06:57:14 AM »
He's with EA, not Capcom.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 07:57:44 AM »
I just want to point out that the Spartan images you posted are for the Xbox and PS2 versions of the game, not the GameCube version.  I found that funny.  

Also, don't steal bandwidth.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĆ©-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 08:03:25 AM »
I'd probably buy this on the Wii anyway, just because this IS the type of game I'd just pick up on occasion and use it to vent frustrations on hordes of zombies.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 08:45:09 AM »

Instead, I would like to see Mii implementation utilizing the characteristics of the Miis, but in a realistic way to generate "human"-looking characters (as suggested a while back when the concept of "Mii" was first announced).

Yeah, I got you.  Like a face mapping feature.

I am holding you to this Omen. HOLDING!

Hopefully after the 12th, we'll know for sure.  But I do hear rumblings...

He's with EA, not Capcom.

I can neither confirm nor deny this information.  But I can say people know people who know me...as far as I can tell, Dead Rising is coming...  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 09:31:24 AM »
YOU SEGA GOON

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 09:40:42 AM »
It would be great if when Pro666 posted all in caps messages, they were actually really awesome anagrams.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 10:13:54 AM »
YOU SEGA GOON = NO, YOU GO  AGES!

Still holding Omen to it!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 10:46:16 AM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
For the record, Sven at the Capcom forums did hint it may be coming.

So I'll add this:  Dead Rising will be coming to Wii with a few bonuses.  The presentation will be downgraded from the 360 version, but the way they're doing it makes it tough to see the differences.

You shall see.

I hope you are right Omen, not only because I want to see the game on Wii, but I was basically called stupid for thinking DR was possible on the Wii!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144