Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Wiimake on Gamestop's database  (Read 61892 times)

Offline Jin-X

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Resident Evil 4 Wiimake on Gamestop's database
« on: March 29, 2007, 05:21:56 AM »
For $29.99

If true, it should have the PS2 extras plus 16:9.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Resident Evil 4 Wiimake on Gamestop's database
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 05:24:33 AM »
What were the PS2 extras?

EDIT: Never mind, found out.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 05:30:21 AM »
You know what would be really cool? If you could use the chainsaw now. Also a lil graphic boost would be nice; not that it matters much since the GC RE4 puts 3rd party Wii games to shame in that department.  

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 05:31:02 AM »
I believe you mean RESuDENT EVuL 4 is being revived on Wii.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:Resident Evil 4 Wiimake on Gamestop's database
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 05:32:10 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
What were the PS2 extras?

EDIT: Never mind, found out.

I've played the PS2 version and "Separate ways" is a really good side story as it shows how Ada viewed some of the events that happened in Leon's story.

EDIT: And I'm going to bet my nuts that some people will see this in a negative light. I GUARANTEE IT!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 05:33:32 AM »
UH OH, LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER PS2 CALL OF DOOKIE 3 WII-PORT

And really, is Capcom even smart enough to upgrade the Ada Missions to GameCube-quality assets, or just directly port the downgraded PS2 assets with sausage-pointer functionality thrown in?

Signs point Capcom telling us to "go forth and multiply"
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 05:38:01 AM »
Now I could see it happening since this does sound like something Capcom would do, but Gamestop isn't the most reliable of sources.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 06:04:19 AM »
I don't get how this would work. I mean, I can see using the pointer for aiming, but will it still move around like it did on hte other consoles? Because if it does, that could really screw you up, since you're pointing one place, and the Wii sees you pointing at that place, but the actual pointer is somewhere else on the screen.

On the other hand, if they DIDN'T have the pointer movement, the game would be ridiculously easy.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 06:19:57 AM »
Link doesn't work.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 06:39:31 AM »

Luigi Dude wrote:
Now I could see it happening since this does sound like something Capcom would do, but Gamestop isn't the most reliable of sources.

I don't know what you're talking about. Capcom is known to be extremely careful with their intellectual properties. They rarely port older titles onto new hardware, especially Resident Evil.

Anyway, it looks like Gamestop made a boo-boo. The page doesn't exist, but if you search "Resident Evil 4" you can see the Wii Version at the very bottom.

Here: RE4 Wii Version

I'd buy it again, granted they include all the extras from the PS2 version and add some more.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 06:39:34 AM »
Uh oh, seems they either made a mistake or showed something they weren't supposed to...

I personally would buy the game again if they added the PS2 extra content...A boost in visuals would be a nice touch, but at 30 dollars I guess we'll be lucky if they add the PS2 content...

"They rarely port older titles onto new hardware, especially Resident Evil."

Haha, Code Veronica on PS2 and RE2, RE3, and CV on GC say "Sup!"... =)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 06:49:57 AM »
They seem to have taken it down, guess somebody is going to catch some sh!t over this for either putting it up before they were allowed to or for just making stuff up.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 07:02:30 AM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
I'd buy it again, granted they include all the extras from the PS2 version and add some more.

Ditto.
If this rumor is confirmed by Capcom, I hope they'll upgrade all the PS2 extras to match the GC's visuals.  
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 08:10:54 AM »
Personally I like a full collection of all the Gamecube Resident Evils.  Plus a bump up using the larger assets they probably have for 4 and the PS2 stuff as well.  Sell that at regular price.  I could finally see what the fuss was about with all the other ones and beat RE4 (Was borrowing my brothers copy but he needed it back before I could beat it and I lost the memory card in the move.)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Taija-Herbal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 08:22:13 AM »
Getting quite irritating with all the talk of remake this and port that and trying to make it seem like some serious thought has gone into the game..

The worst thing is if gamers decide to be prudent and take a wait and see approach, or if they decide that its not worth playing a port or remake, then all the third parties start complaining about not selling on nintendo consoles, and instead of blaming themselves for not putting the effort into making the game, they blames the wii owners for only wanting nintendo produced games and stuff. Capcom need to put their money where their mouth is and come up with more than that really......

I'm starting to get worried, I remember the wii was supposed to be 2-3 times more powerful than the gamecube, Find it weird that I'm still playing games that look technically less advanced than the gamecube. Nintendo has to show these third parties how its done I think.
1124-2541-7624-7793

console nickname: Q-P.I.D

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 08:24:45 AM »
I wouldn't buy it again and I hate all the people who would. I want a new game, RE5 or a new one, but not a damn port!

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 08:28:38 AM »
Well there is Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii that's supposed to come out this year.  Capcom's having a game event on April 12, so hopefully they'll finally reveal something new about that game then.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 08:37:47 AM »
Capcom, give us original adult oriented IPs or GTFO of buisness.  

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 08:54:53 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion

He was probably being sarcastic there.. (considering he should know that the original RE game is on nearly every platform known)  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 08:58:08 AM »
"Rebecca Chambers and the Jill Sandwich" for Wii.

Features innovative rumbling-remote gameplay.

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 10:17:56 AM »
Usually I'd be negative at this but after playing Godfather, I'm confident in what remakes for the wii can do to old games.  Plus, RE4 kicks the snot out of anything else that's been ported.
Wemen are like Artichokes, you have to work hard to get to there hearts.

http://duhduhduhduh.phantomhourglass.org/main.php?id=8534

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 10:28:22 AM »
Yeah, even TP.

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 10:49:56 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Yeah, even TP.

Pfft,gh,hutt  I'm talking mainly about games that were relesed sometime ago, TP was a wii game when it first came out and will always be remembered as a wii game.
Wemen are like Artichokes, you have to work hard to get to there hearts.

http://duhduhduhduh.phantomhourglass.org/main.php?id=8534

Offline Jin-X

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 11:53:40 AM »

Originally posted by: Taija-Herbal
Getting quite irritating with all the talk of remake this and port that and trying to make it seem like some serious thought has gone into the game..

The worst thing is if gamers decide to be prudent and take a wait and see approach, or if they decide that its not worth playing a port or remake, then all the third parties start complaining about not selling on nintendo consoles, and instead of blaming themselves for not putting the effort into making the game, they blames the wii owners for only wanting nintendo produced games and stuff. Capcom need to put their money where their mouth is and come up with more than that really......

I'm starting to get worried, I remember the wii was supposed to be 2-3 times more powerful than the gamecube, Find it weird that I'm still playing games that look technically less advanced than the gamecube. Nintendo has to show these third parties how its done I think.

This is a legit concern, but the way the Wii is selling it will pass the Xbox 360 in total sales this year so they won't have a choice but to support the Wii strongly.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 12:00:30 PM »
I'd be more worried about a possible RE4 port if Umbrella Chronicles wasn't announced. Then, I'd think Capcom was just being Capcom again. UC was good enough for me. However, I won't say no to a reworked version of an amazing game (granted it plays well). Beats the hell out of the straight ports of RE titles on Gamecube.

IceCold wrote:

Bill Aurion wrote:

He was probably being sarcastic there.. (considering he should know that the original RE game is on nearly every platform known)

I considered using an emoticon, but opted against it because I thought the comment spoke for itself. Silly me, tricks are for kids....