Author Topic: gamecube price drop??  (Read 8598 times)

Offline betamac

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
gamecube price drop??
« on: March 15, 2003, 06:35:59 AM »
Just looking through the saturday newspaper and see Argos are selling the gamecube for £78.99 and that includes 1 FREE game and memory card?

have nintendo dropped the price in U.K or what? thats an awesome deal

Click Here to buy one Delivery Only £2.95
MAC

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
gamecube price drop??
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 08:57:29 AM »
This is a store price drop. With Dixons dropping their price, Argos dropped their price. This will cause more gamecube sales which is good since a lot of big releases are coming.

Offline AERO

• View Profile
gamecube price drop??
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 12:02:12 PM »
Was this the thing from a few days ago about uk stores dropping prices to try and boost sales to see if they still want to carry gc?  

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
gamecube price drop??
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 12:15:48 PM »
Just a thought, but isn't this the first price drop on the Cube since it launched in Europe?

I remember it had one drop before it launched, but I don't think there have been any price drops since then, until now.

I guess we can toss that into the faces of any XBoxers who run around saying the GameCube is so dead in Europe that they're giving them away for free because nobody wants them anymore (my brother).
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline AERO

• View Profile
gamecube price drop??
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 03:18:31 PM »
Ruby I don't understand what you mean. You said you brother ses gc is dead in europe becuase it is cheap. And gamecube having a price drop in some places is going to help your argument?  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
gamecube price drop??
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 04:41:35 PM »
brothers tend not to make alot of sence when they argue specially little brothers

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
gamecube price drop??
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2003, 04:59:35 PM »
Older brother.

GameCube just had it's first price drop in Europe. = Did you hear? The GameCube's getting killed by the XBox in Europe. Stores are giving them away for free if you buy a game now. This doesn't really seem fair because it's gonna hurt XBox sales and nobody is giving the XBox a fair chance to succeed.

The ammo I was suggesting using against these types of people is that this is the GameCube's first price drop in Europe since it's launch (unless I missed hearing about one).
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline jarob

• View Profile
gamecube price drop??
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2003, 08:43:51 PM »
Is the XBox really outselling the Cube that much in Europe?  Where can I read this?

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
gamecube price drop??
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2003, 02:24:26 AM »
Giving away GAMECUBES when you buy a game? Is this for real, or have you got it mixed?
If it's truem then there'll be no problems with cube numbers.

You'd be CRAZY not to get a free Gamecube if you buy a game.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence