Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia input  (Read 10491 times)

Offline MadMan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Skies of Arcadia input
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2003, 10:49:04 AM »
Woohoo!!  There actually making a second one, and if there still going to make a second Rez game after it sold so poorly, we should see SoA2 on the Gamecube.

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Skies of Arcadia input
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2003, 12:54:15 PM »
Hey does anyone actually know how well SoAL sold for GC, I know it sold 20,000 copies in January but its the middle of March anyone have any updated sales numbers fo SoAL? Anyway I don't SOA has sold badly Sega didn't exactly ship a lot of copies. I had to go to like 4 different stores to find SoAL, and the sales numbers for January surprised me because I was expecting it to have higher numbers due to the difficulty a lot of us GC owners had finding a copy of the game. I hope the sequel continues where the last one left of....since they never really got explore the Deep Sky in depth or they never confirmed or denied the existance of a Black Moon.

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
Skies of Arcadia input
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2003, 01:41:57 PM »
skies of arcadia is great. sort of got a spirit of adventure to it. reminds me of indiana jones and star wars in a way.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Skies of Arcadia input
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2003, 09:06:41 AM »
Well, I am sure that Skies of Arcadia would have sold a great deal better if Sega had managed it's supply to all areas better.  There is a single copy of the game in my city, and it's only for rent.  I haven't bought it online yet due to a lack of money, and a lack of time to be doing some serious gaming.  (I scarcely see the inside of my room these days)  However, I would have bought it long ago had it ever been delivered to the retailers here.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline egman

• View Profile
Skies of Arcadia input
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2003, 09:31:21 AM »
strange--I think you might enjoy the battle system. Skies of Arcadia is not terribly difficult, and the system itself is rather intuitive. The boss battles and air ship battle do require a bit of strategy for more effective attacks. That is something I like about the spirit point system in this game, it keeps you from overwhelming your enemy in one turn with all of your special attacks. Instead, you likely have one character providing backup with healing or shield spells, another might be used bring up spirit points, and the last guy will be one you assign a special attack to. If you like that kind of fighting, then I think Skies will be good buy or rental.

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
Skies of Arcadia input
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2003, 12:53:07 PM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Well, I am sure that Skies of Arcadia would have sold a great deal better if Sega had managed it's supply to all areas better.  There is a single copy of the game in my city, and it's only for rent.  I haven't bought it online yet due to a lack of money, and a lack of time to be doing some serious gaming.  (I scarcely see the inside of my room these days)  However, I would have bought it long ago had it ever been delivered to the retailers here.

Yeah that was what I was alluding to in my post. Sega didn't ship that many copies of Skies of Arcadia Legends. I mean as I said before I had to go to like four places to find a copy of it.....hmmm come to think of it I haven't seen it around lately. I haven't seen a game this undershipped since Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn.

Darc Requiem

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Skies of Arcadia input
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2003, 08:36:24 AM »

Hey does anyone actually know how well SoAL sold for GC, I know it sold 20,000 copies in January but its the middle of March anyone have any updated sales numbers fo SoAL?

Well according to a news piece on gamecubeheaven.tk, Skies of Arcadia Legends, sold something like one and a quarter million copies just for February.  I can't get the site open so I don't know right off the top of my head who the source is, but regardless this is comforting news.  

This could be wrong, I have seen the same numbers two places with copies sold and monies made being switched.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
Skies of Arcadia input
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2003, 04:16:54 PM »
Well I've since found out how well Skies has been selling. Almost 45,000 copies thus far. If sales continue to climb hopefully we'll be experiencing a Skies sequel at this time next year

Darc Requiem

Offline Stewpot

• View Profile
Skies of Arcadia input
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2003, 08:59:45 AM »
The more I play this game, the more I love it.  
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein