Author Topic: Wii Details a Bit Early  (Read 8763 times)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Details a Bit Early
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 09:05:19 PM »
You people are out of your minds.  When has a console been less than 200 dollars at launch, much less one packing a game in with it?  Get real.  250 dollars is reasonable, just not what you wanted.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Wii Details a Bit Early
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 09:08:38 PM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
You people are out of your minds.  When has a console been less than 200 dollars at launch...

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube...

And those were all incredibly advanced technology. Considering the Wii's tech the pack-in game should even it out, not increase it.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 10:02:52 PM »
This really sounds like they just took the Yen numbers and used a 100:1 ratio for converting, which is incorrect to begin with, never mind that game prices in the US are ALWAYS lower than in the rest of the world.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 10:10:27 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
This really sounds like they just took the Yen numbers and used a 100:1 ratio for converting, which is incorrect to begin with, never mind that game prices in the US are ALWAYS lower than in the rest of the world.
Well. Japan doesn't get Wii Sports..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 11:01:56 PM »
That photo interface and weather thingy is real nice, I like it. If Wii sports is included and remotes are $40 or less, Ill surely have to get an extra one.

And I noticed that the crucial price and date + bold text wasn't in the headline. Sounds fishy.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 02:44:05 AM »
Sounds fishy to me also, we just have to wait and see when Reggie reveals our side of the truth.

Offline Faithinchaos

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 02:56:32 AM »
You know people, you're all right, what an unfair price. This story is probably bogus, but seriously you're quite funny. I mean, the Wii doesn't really put anything in its plastic shell. Microsofts got stuff that needs FANS that still can't cut it, Sony's got stuff from TEH FUTURES OUTER SPACE!!1! By comparison Nintendo has practically NO graphics card or anything, right?

Or maybe everyone needs to look beyond the glowing tube to try to measure the expense incurred. I mean what, if not flashing pretty images, accurately represent quality? Because, you know, that gyroscopic technology thats had virtually NO previous consumer level implementation definately wasn't costly in R&D and new process manufacturing & fabrication. Nor the orientation technology, I mean, we've seen crap like that ALL OVER the place.

I would believe it if it this console strains Nintendo more than any previous they've put out. They're just putting their money where it belongs, however, and where nobody else has really bothered to before - the human interface devices, rather than simple processor upgrades.

Let me offer some evidence to this in the form of a quizlet. What are the two consoles, already released or pending release, that arent feasably emulatable?

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 04:36:30 AM »
The price is high but not that surprising, if it is true, we will comfirmation at the show but I wouldn't hold my breath. The VC prices were announced a while ago I don't have any problem with them. They could of went for $20/dl for the N64 games and people would of paid for them but they didn't. And they have to pay storage fees and recoop money from the free parts of there services, so the prices are not unreasonable. If you read the IGN article they go further and talk about the prices of the accesories. The Remote part of it will cost $40, the numchuk $20, and the classic controller $20. So the cost of the package is the controllers. Which is understandable since they had to redo the rumble technology and gyros so the gyros will not be affected by the rumble. (The R&D costs of redoing an already exsisting technology can be more than coming up with it in the first place.)

Plus the console is "cheeper" then the price in Japan, and we are getting it first again. Japan does not get Wii Sports and are paying $213.00 for the console. They are charging $40 for the title, so if you take some of the other posters logic we are only paying $210.00 for the console.

There hasn't been any announcment of a battery pack simular to the 360's but I'm sure if Nintendo doesn't do it someone like Nyko will have one.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 07:06:13 AM »

Originally posted by: BlkPaladin
Plus the console is "cheeper" then the price in Japan, and we are getting it first again. Japan does not get Wii Sports and are paying $213.00 for the console. They are charging $40 for the title, so if you take some of the other posters logic we are only paying $210.00 for the console.

That of course assumes you were going to buy Wii Sports in the first place... I for one had no intention.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 08:27:36 AM »
I very excited about this, the price is what I was expecting, these sort of details are the ones people always get let down about.  So I could care less, the only one that makes me nervous is the price of wiimotes and spare nunchucks at 40 dollars a wiimote and 20 dollars a nunchuck that is quite expensive.  But hell I am very satisfied with the price so far, and am excited to spend the next week deciding what to buy on launch :p.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 09:38:41 AM »

That of course assumes you were going to buy Wii Sports in the first place... I for one had no intention.

This is why I'm glad Wii Sports is being bundled. I'd hate to see hardcore gamers buy up the Wii and then not share the console with their non-gamer friends, as that would jeapordize the success of the console.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon