Author Topic: New Madden Interview: Wii exclusive modes!  (Read 2567 times)

Offline eljefe

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
New Madden Interview: Wii exclusive modes!
« on: September 13, 2006, 03:34:03 AM »
It is confirmed in this 7 page interview that, on top of ALL the modes in the 360 version, Wii will have exclusive FreeMotion minicamps called "Learn Madden" and.... a 2-on-2 mode!!!

one QB
one WR

vs

one DL
one DB

just like on the playground when you don't have 22 players.

Anyway, the EA rep also shed further light on the passing mechanics, running, and defense (which has never been discussed prior to this interview). AND announced that EA would be hold a press conference at the end of the week where the 2-on-2 mode will be demoed onstage and playable on the floor for press members.

Lastly his dodgy answer to the "online question" is interesting:

IGN Wii: Great. Any chance we're going to see an online mode for the game this year or is that pretty much out?

Jason Armenise: You know, we really haven't talked about online too much. At this point, we're not talking about it.

Jason Armenise: Is it something that has been ruled out - can you say that? [to the PR lady behind him]

Jason Armenise: I think for now I'm not going to discuss it. Anything that has to do with online, for now no comment.

Dodgy but not dissappointed, which, like other devs answers, leads me to believe the online structure and all its secrets will be made public tommorow. We won't be dissapointed if the developers aren't complaining.

For all his repeated HYPE about "the Wii-Madden won't be missing crossplatform features"...well, buddy, online IS a feature on other sytems. So he basically confirmed his Wii game online (without meaning to, and without stating it explicitly).

Did I mention there's 10 new screens as well?
..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
RE: New Madden Interview: Wii exclusive modes!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 05:07:47 AM »
I read that whole interview, and I can't believe how much I have to learn to play Madden for my first time, it's wacked I know, but I'm very excited to get this game anyway.

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 05:19:26 AM »
Yeah it sounds good on paper.  I'm actually interested in it.  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:32:46 AM »
The 2 on 2 mode made me extremely interested in the game.  I hate trying to actually play Madden when I have 0 Football knowledge or skills...I just can't get the feel of the game.  

Having a simplier game for people like me is great.

This article did make me wonder about the Blitz game...and why we haven't heard anything on it.  Perhaps at E3 they saw Madden and realized they weren't doing justice to football and the Wii controller.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 05:55:41 AM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this may be the first Madden game I buy since Madden '94. 2 on 2 mode seems like it will be AWESOME. Very exciting news. Hopefully the controller motions add to the play experience and make it more interesting to play sports games such as football.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 06:18:03 AM »
I'm in the same boat as some of you guys. Don't generally have much interest in Madden or Football....but dang if I'm not getting excited about this game. Most people get into Madden because they're interested in football, it'd be funny if I started getting interested in football because of Madden....
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 09:38:34 AM »
Ahaha, me too.  I hate Madden, actually, but it seems like they're putting effort into this, and 2-on-2 mode sounds more like actual fun.  I'm not going to be buying this at launch because there are too many awesome games, but maybe when it drops price.  Or perhaps I'll wait till the second gen of Madden Wii.  Either way, I'll probably end up buying one Madden game this gen, which is not something I would have done otherwise.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 11:31:29 AM »
This one looks interesting.  Some of the pictures they have look really nice.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:New Madden Interview: Wii exclusive modes!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 12:53:57 PM »
It looks like that separate studio at EA Canada has done a really good job, especially considering how this is a traditional franchise with a completely new control scheme. The impressions at E3 were good, and it looks like they have figured out the controller and how it works.. From the looks of the screenshots, they've improved the graphics too. I won't be buying this game, but I hope that the studio keeps working on Wii games; basically all of the franchises internally developed by EA which I am interested in are made there (NHL, SSX, NBA Street, Fight Night, FIFA). I'm waiting for a hockey game with the controller.. hopefully it comes soon.  

EDIT: Wow, I wrote that I like NBA Live... what a huge mistake (I meant Street)..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 01:47:58 PM »
Well well well...look how times have changed.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline eljefe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 04:19:38 PM »
4cr says:

The game surprised me at e3, and the more I think about it, the more I think that Madden Wii is one of the most important launch games for Nintendo… if not THE most important.

find out why

I agree. Personally, I may only own this game for a few months to perfect my technique. And to my circle of friends this WILL SELL sytems. Afew of them are too scared to buy Wii at launch, so when they play this at my house they'll probably break down and get it.  
..:    I just noticed WTF is FTW backwords. Sometimes when you think things are going bad, they suddenly turn around. Much like this thread. For the win.  :.   MJRx9000

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 06:17:47 AM »

Originally posted by: The Omen
Well well well...look how times have changed.
I like how Omen says that like he had anything to do with it.  

I'm just giving you crap.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!