Author Topic: Harvest Moon Heroes  (Read 6878 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Harvest Moon Heroes
« on: August 09, 2006, 07:47:22 AM »
Yes, Marvelous is publishing TWO Wii games with the word "Heroes" in the title...

Screens

It looks really nice!  Also, according to IGN, we'll be making use of the Wiimote to hoe, water, and fish, among other things...Here's to waiting for confirmation on this being the second Wii game to include Wiimote cow-milking! =D

Oh and I forgot to mention that Marvelous said they'd have a game out for Japanese launch, so it looks like this may be it...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Harvest Moon Heroes
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 08:06:01 AM »
ANOTHER launch game?

Wow, this Wii being quick and easy to develop for is really reaping some benefits for launch, as well as draining my wallet really, really, fast.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 08:08:40 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
ANOTHER launch game?

Wow, this Wii being quick and easy to develop for is really reaping some benefits for launch, as well as draining my wallet really, really, fast.

Looking at the article, it doesn't sound like a launch game, although it doesn't rule it out:

"Harvest Moon Wii is currently without a final release date."  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
.Here's to waiting for confirmation on this being the second Wii game to include Wiimote cow-milking! =D

Now why did I smile when I read that?!

As for the style, it seems very well thought it. I like it! It's very clean and to the point.

I've always thought this type of game had incredible potential. Here's to another game that uses the full potential of the Wiimote!  
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Harvest Moon Heroes
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 08:23:35 AM »
Oh yes! By FAR the best looking 3D Harvest Moon yet! Awesome!

I really hope they had the intelligence to really freshen the whole thing up. The game REALLY needs a boost, it's gotten so stale.

I hope this is great, I really want a great Harvest Moon again. A Wonderful Life was such a let down.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 11:21:50 AM »

Originally posted by: Artimus The game REALLY needs a boost, it's gotten so stale.

One question in my mind has always been whether or not the Wiimote will breathe new life into stale gameplay.

In the case of HM, it might give it enough freshness to make it worthwhile again.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 03:17:03 PM »

Originally posted by: Artimus
Oh yes! By FAR the best looking 3D Harvest Moon yet! Awesome!

I really hope they had the intelligence to really freshen the whole thing up. The game REALLY needs a boost, it's gotten so stale.

I hope this is great, I really want a great Harvest Moon again. A Wonderful Life was such a let down.

Yeah, Wonderful Life was pretty ho-hum.  Have you given Magical Melody a spin?  I thought it was a huge step up from the grind of Wonderful Life.

On a side note, I hope that the translating isn't perfected.  Pointing out the grammar errors in Harvest Moon games is half the fun!  "He's looks smart!"
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 06:20:04 AM »
According to Nintendo Power, Rayman will also give us a taste of virtual cow milking...
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 07:45:55 AM »
After milking said cow, you can throw him with a chain a la Mario 64.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 08:08:15 AM »
Yes that would be Rayman.  Cow swinging has also already been confirmed.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 08:23:23 AM »
I think the one thing that truly killed A Wonderful Life was the seed maker.  If it had simply not worked on tree seeds, it might have made the game tolerable.  Of course, they also managed to ruin farming.  Then Magical Melody was hailed as a return to the roots of the series, and it is, but at the expense of all the things that were actually improved in AWL, like livestock rearing (parthenogenesis is not part of a real chicken's life cycle, nor a cow's, no matter how many drugs you pump into it).  There are lots of things about it that bug me, but I like it overall, even though they made the scorching hot redhead unavailable for romance.  

Still, even though this new HM looks great, I'll have to wait and see if it's one I'll be able to stick with for the long haul.  I couldn't make it past the second chapter of AWL due to boredom, and I get too easily distracted from MM and then feel like starting over just about every time I try to get back into it.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 08:41:56 AM »
Yep... We here at PGC like are redheads it seems...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 08:47:30 AM »
Most definitely.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 09:53:57 AM »
Well, a hot redhead is rare.

So she's automatically hotter than other girls simply because she is rare.
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 10:09:07 AM »
"According to Nintendo Power, Rayman will also give us a taste of virtual cow milking..."

I don't have my NP on hand right now, but I thought it said PIG-milking...Hmmmm...

" Yep... We here at PGC like are redheads it seems..."

I think it's about time PGC changes its byline to "Where Planet Gamecube readers go to rave over redheads"
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 10:20:35 AM »
*also votes redheads*

Edit: I never played enough A Wonderful Life to know what all the disappointment is about, but it seemed to me like it was getting too complicated for its own good.  Then again, I might be getting too old and senile for my own good.  I'm just tired of games where I have to learn many different "systems".
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 12:45:36 AM »
Frankly, I don't care if a girl is a blonde, brunette, or redhead... I don't even care if she's bald!

. . . as long as she's got freckles. *swoon*

~Carmine M. Red

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 03:41:39 AM »
It would be awesome if they include rope mini game for HM Wii where you swing your rope to catch your cows for fun.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 04:40:40 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
Frankly, I don't care if a girl is a blonde, brunette, or redhead... I don't even care if she's bald!

. . . as long as she's got freckles. *swoon*

~Carmine M. Red

BOOOOOOOO!

Freckles?......Did you say freckles?

Other than their pale skin, freckles have got to be the most unattractive feature of red-heads. In fact, those are the reasons why its so damn hard to find a hot looking one. Freckles/Pale skin...

But seriously, I'll take a hot japanese girl over a redhead anyday. (And I'm not talking about the ones that look like whores....oh no, I'm talking about the innocent looking ones....you know, the ones with that high voice)
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 05:04:42 AM »
Still prefer redheads over Japanese girls.  But I dig Anime girls.

Bill:  Actually they said it was Pig and Cow milking.  It's posted on one of the threads here.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 05:31:45 AM »
I'd just like to apologize for derailing this thread, and also add my vote against freckles.

Oh, and if Harvest Moon needs anything besides sexually reproducing animals (but not on screen, thanks), it's bigger and better tools.  Instead of a golden hoe that turns over 9 squares of dirt or whatever, how about letting me hitch a plow behind my horse?  In fact, there are plenty of useful farming implements that could be pulled by a horse:  seed spreaders, fertilzer spreaders, mowers, water tanks, carts, and anything else that could speed things up.  Later on, let me buy a tractor that can pull bigger and better versions of all those, and maybe even an automatic harvesting gizmo.  I mean, if you're going to give me the opportunity to control so much land, at least make it possible to use a big chunk of it.

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 06:07:05 AM »
NEVERMIND
"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »
Frankly, I find it so difficult to find a woman with enough going on in her head to keep me interested that being picky about what they look like after that equates celibacy.

I still have standards, and if I'm willing to work hard to stay reasonably thin then I can at least demand the same of her, but women who you can run intellectual circles around just never work out.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 12:08:23 PM »
Well...yeah...when I'm looking for a wife I want somebody to be on my intellectual level too...

But I'm only 19, and I have at least 10 years before I MIGHT want to settle down and have children. So I figure that gives me....mmm....6 or 7 years to be permiscuous before I should start weeding the possible wives from the silly girls.

"Hey....

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 02:49:24 PM »

Originally posted by: Requiem

Other than their pale skin, freckles have got to be the most unattractive feature of red-heads.

Originally posted by: PartyBear

I'd just like to apologize for derailing this thread, and also add my vote against freckles.

!

Miscreants! Philistines! NEANDERTHALS!

It's people like YOU who keep freckles, beauty, and my obsession of the moment out of games like Harvest Moon!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com