Author Topic: Nintendo-No follow up ads  (Read 5777 times)

Offline thesos21

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo-No follow up ads
« on: February 18, 2003, 12:11:23 PM »
If Nintendo wants their games to sell better they should not only advertise before the game comes out like they always do, but they should also advertise after the game is out. I havn't seen a Metroid commercial forever.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 12:18:57 PM »
I tend to agree with you, although I think we need to remember that running an advertising campaign isn't easy or cheap.  Nintendo has to consider marketing for around ten other games this year.  But still, I think you're right.  I'm still seeing Blinx and Sly Cooper ads on TV every Saturday morning, Mario should be up there too.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 02:16:25 PM »
Hah, I love how you mentioned those ads.  Nintendo is accused of being kiddy, while the most notable commercial you mention for the Gamecube is Metroid.  On the other hand, XBox and PS2 are famous for Blinx and Sly Cooper.

-- ShockingAlberto
Press X to run.

Offline Agent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 02:56:04 PM »
I mostly see Panzar Dragoon commercials, and GTA: VC commercial. This is mainly on TNN, MTV, Comedy Central.

I'm still seeing Blinx and Sly Cooper ads on TV every Saturday morning

The time in which your viewing is probably why your seeing those ads.  

Offline slide24

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2003, 04:29:52 PM »
I see tons of "The Getaway" ads and quite a few "Panzer Dragoon Orta" ads. That's about it.

I have seen that "free game for GameCube" one a couple of times, though.

Offline TheCouch123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 04:47:32 PM »
The only commercials I see are for DOA extreme volleyball, and the free gamecube one. both of them on the commedy channel. then again thats the only channel i watch

I am so bored.

Offline Razex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 08:34:59 PM »
Yea, the only commericals I see are for Panzer Dragoon Orta, the Getaway, or DOAXV. I've seen about 1 Nintendo commerical this month.

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2003, 08:39:55 PM »
When I was watching RAW on TNN Monday night, I must've seen the Free Game add at least six or seven times in a two hour timespan. I think THAT'S pretty good.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2003, 09:02:33 PM »
i saw a metroid commercial this week on mtv and thats saying something because the only time i watch tv during school is for sports. maybe it was pure conicidence, but whatever. its sad to say it, but the difference is advertising right now. but i actually find myself not caring as much, because nintendo knows how to balance its budget. i dont have a masters in buisness management. so i will give them credit cuz they are still putting out good games.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2003, 11:37:27 PM »
well, i haven't seen a gamecube add at all in quite a long time, several months infact, if you dont get many ads in america, you get almost none in australia
not that i have seen anyway, they did have some good ones for ssbm, rouge leader and a few other launch titles, and perhaps i saw one for mario sunshine... i cant quite recall

but as for Blinx/Sly Cooper omg talk about saturation =\ love or hate the game, seeing thoes adds almost every add break has got to ware on you

shockingalberto: nice call on the nintendo = kiddy theory

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2003, 11:51:59 PM »
I see that free game commercial on constantly, they show it mostly on the more new oriented channels it seems.  I don't see many Xbox or Ps2 commercials, but I also watch probably 2 hours of TV a week.

Offline Kuchakor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2003, 07:52:40 AM »
Well maybe its different for different areas, but where I live (NY), the damn gamecube with a free game/zelda commercials won't stop.
I never thought Nintendo would ever OVER advertise.  And the fact that i spent $200 on my cube and now its $150 WITH a free game does sorta piss me off.
Town: TVLand
Name: Kuchakor

Whatya up to Norm?

My ideal weight if I were eleven feet tall.

Offline Agent

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2003, 11:33:08 AM »
Yeah, I forgot about that getaway commercial too.

Of the commercials named I've probably seen the most from top to bottom.

Panzar Dragoon
The Getaway
150 pricecut commercial
GTA Vice City
DOA: XBVB
Blinx

As for that Sly Cooper. Never heard of it. If I saw the commercial I wouldn't know. I'm not up on saturday mornings.  

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2003, 03:44:16 PM »
I agree i still see GTA commercials yet no more Metroid commercials

Offline BrianSLA

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2003, 11:35:13 PM »
I see DOA XVB almost every night on Howard Stern on E!   Yup good marketing choice.  

Offline thesos21

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2003, 11:14:37 AM »
I'm surprised to hear Ninetendo got an ad during Joe Millionaire. I read in the newspaper that Joe did the second best rating since the Superbowl which is huge and great for Nintendo.