Author Topic: When Will the Fantasies become Final?  (Read 2900 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
When Will the Fantasies become Final?
« on: March 29, 2004, 11:11:21 AM »
V-Jump Magazine (Japan) is reporting a new addition to the off-beat versions of the so-called "Final" Fantasies.  FF: Guilty Wing, the name, is all we know; oh, and it's another GC EXCLUSIVE ^_^.  I hope E3 gets here or I'm gonna pee.  I guess I'd do that anyway, from now till May, but...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
RE:When Will the Fantasies become Final?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 11:33:38 AM »
I think we should should just drop the name FF:GW.  Square-Enix was interviewed and asked if there will be a traditional Final Fantasy game on the GCN.  S-E said "No comment."  I always find those interesting.  It doesn't mean we can safely say its an FF game but to me I like to think of it as them atleast giving us something to make me happy.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: When Will the Fantasies become Final?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 01:09:53 PM »
You should know by now that "No comment" in reference to any game on a Nintendo system means that it's true...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 01:14:37 PM »
If it was false, Square-Enix would flat out say so- it's in the best interest of the company to do so. A business will really only say "no comment" when it's true, or at least not quite false, but they don't want to say anything right then. As Bill said, it's practically saying "yes".  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 01:34:36 PM »
WOOT  I guess FFCC got some exceptional sales hell its the highest selling game in Feb(in US) at about 250K.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 01:35:24 PM »
If they were making another game, then it proberly would have a gba (or ds) version also.....which means it would take atleast 1 year to be made, meaning it would proberly be pushed into the next gen.
which I think every Nintendo fan would like, a launch FF game for the next machine.....would help it sail well at the start of its life

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 01:41:52 PM »
The game(s) GDS is working on has been in development since FF:CC was released, so I doubt a push into next gen, particularly when the next gen won't start for a long while...

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 02:06:42 PM »
Whoa!  They can use the DS for creating an FF game using a character similar to Cloud.  One screen is reality and the other is his magical surreal schizophrenia madness world.  LOL that is amazing!

About the "No comment." not being quite false could also mean that they do give us  this traditional FF RPG w/o the FF name.  Chrono Trigger is a good example.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 02:41:56 PM »
Chrono Trigger is nothing like the Final Fantasy games...That's why it's great... ^_^

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 03:41:09 PM »
If its going to be a traditonal rpg, turned based then I'll be the first one to preorder, who cares if i have a thing called college coming up who needs that anyway.
PikkCuber

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 03:47:33 PM »
Heh, RPGs are a college gamer's worst nightmare...(well, if you study ^_^)

I currently have a half-dozen RPGs I need to finish once Summer hits me... O_o  

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 03:55:13 PM »
Heh.......I gotta finish FFI, FFII, FIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVII, FFVIII, Chrono Trigger and Xenogears........(the reason I excluded FFVI was because it's the same as FFIII......so i don't know if there are others that are the same.  The had to stuff up the number system when they brought it to the US.......*grumble*)
Well......I have to START about half of those, but still. =P

But that's still just RPG's!  I wanna finish MGS, Majora's Mask, , Metroid Prime, Super Metorid, Viewtiful Joes, Eternal Darkness, BG&E, ALttP, Yoshi's Island and SMB1,2,+3.......and those are just off the top of my head.  How bout the only games I *have* beaten? OoT, WW, Link's Awakening.  That's all I can remember. =P

I'll shut up now. *shoves retainer into mouth*  Now I sound like homestarrunner! ^_^
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 04:38:30 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill
Heh, RPGs are a college gamers worst nightmare...(well, if you study ^_^)

That's so true...

I haven't even started playing Xenogears and Golden Sun: The Lost Age.  And probably will not for some time.  And then Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos will be already out.  And I have yet to finished FFTA.

And I haven't played NiGHTS into Dreams yet, plus I ordered 3 games online, plus I want to buy KOTOR for the PC.  Aw man.......too many games...........so little time...

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 04:45:46 PM »
it seems like you get distracted after the first hours....I use to be like that
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 06:11:31 PM »
The FFGW rumor was claimed to be false by multiple sites and true by Spong. Take that as you want.

As for the "No Comment", some companies have a policy to NEVER comment to prevent people from being able to deduct anything from their commenting behaviour (like you did).

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 08:30:27 PM »
Heh.......I gotta finish FFI, FFII, FIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVII, FFVIII, Chrono Trigger and Xenogears........(the reason I excluded FFVI was because it's the same as FFIII......so i don't know if there are others that are the same. The had to stuff up the number system when they brought it to the US.......*grumble*)"

I don't follow you.  FFVI and FFIII are two separate games.  FFIII was never released in the U.S., though.  What was published in the U.S. on the SNES as FFIII  is actually FFVI.

Quick rundown (to the best of my knowledge):

Japan - USA
FFI - FFI
FFII - N/A
FFIII - N/A
FFIV - FFII
FFV - N/A
FFVI - FFIII
FFVII - FFVII
FFVIII - FFVIII
And etc.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2004, 02:14:59 AM »
"V-Jump Magazine (Japan) is reporting a new addition "

Yup, IGN proved this was false since the new V-jump is already out and it didn't state anything at all about it.

True GDS will make another game--most likely gamecube exclusive since it's funded by Big N--but only time will tell if it's another real-time or back to the classic turn-based.

Offline solid_snake_222

• ^thats right^
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2004, 06:46:04 AM »
yay yay

daft punk owns

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2004, 10:49:41 AM »
I created a topic on this already, search through the forum, there should be more info on the topic there with quotes and whatnot from a few sites.