Author Topic: Majesco Announces Furu Furu Park for Wii  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Majesco Announces Furu Furu Park for Wii
« on: July 02, 2007, 11:05:48 AM »
Thirty-game collection includes Arkanoid and Bubble Bobble.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13751

A High Energy Arcade Collection Heads to the Wii as Majesco Entertainment Announces ‘Furu Furu Park’    

EDISON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Retro classics and quirky stylized mini-games hit the Wiiâ„¢ home video game system this fall as Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of video games and digital entertainment products for the mass market, today announced Furu Furu Park. Developed by Taito and 505 Games, Furu Furu Park is a collection of 30 arcade-style games that take advantage of the Wii Remote™’s range of motion to engage and entertain players of all skill levels and ages.    

“Furu Furu Park’s inventive use of the Wii Remote will have you spinning, shaking and rotating as you try to master classic arcade titles and unique new gameplay scenarios only possible on Nintendo’s Wii system," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing, Majesco. “Whether you’re delivering sushi orders, punching asteroids or cracking a safe, all of the Park games are easy to pick up and play, and above all else, great casual fun."    

Included among Furu Furu Park’s 30 different mini-games are:  

• Arkanoid: an arcade classic pitting paddle and ball against a wall of blocks;  
  • Pinch Hitter: step up to the plate and take a few swings with the Wii Remote;  
  • Bubble Bobble: hold the Wii Remote like an NES controller to burst all of the bubbles in this retro arcade puzzler;  
  • Safe Cracker: Memorize the combination then enter the code by tilting your Wii Remote left and right to crack the safe;  
  • Sonic Blastman 20XX: Clutch your Wii Remote and punch at the screen to destroy asteroids heading for earth;  
  • Super Karate: Execute offensive and defensive maneuvers with your Wii Remote to defeat your opponent.  
 Players can also face off against a friend in three multiplayer modes: Free Battle, Panel Attack and Love Challenge where players will have to compete to win female affection.    

Furu Furu Park will be available this fall. For additional information, please visit www.majescoentertainment.com.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline bubicus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Majesco Announces Furu Furu Park for Wii
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:31:57 AM »

I was so sure that this game would not be localized for North America that I was going to buy a Japanese Wii just so I could play this game. Thank you, Majesco!

-----------------------------------------------------
Someday, I'll resurrect bubblebobble.com/bubandbob.com...

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:Majesco Announces Furu Furu Park for Wii
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 01:03:06 PM »
Note to Majesco the videogame company building I see everyday on my way to school: Please change the name of the American Release and don't charge full price if you don't need to.  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.