Author Topic: Wiimote Speaker Pre-Lag  (Read 2256 times)

Offline the1st_fret

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wiimote Speaker Pre-Lag
« on: June 08, 2007, 07:31:20 AM »
I wasn't Sure where to ask this but I thought this would be the best place.

I just wanted to check the timing of everyone elses wii mote speakers to situations on the Wii.

I just bought a new TV and the timing of the Wii mote speaker noises are completely different on this TV to the other. So which TV was right and which was wrong, and which timing situation is right and which is wrong?

On the internet channel: Highlight a clickable object, my wiimote speker clicks first, a split second later my tv's speaker clicks. On my old tv, both clicked in unison.

Its not just with the internet channel, although this is my best example, this also happened on Wii sports and Excite Truck, it seems the mote is ahead of the games. Although in Wii sports this does sound better in a way and more 'depth of soundy' So I was wondering. Which is right? Are the sounds on screen meant to be in sync with your remote or is your mote meant to be a little ahead? Please help. I'm just a little confused as its only happened with this TV. Thanks.

Dan.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
RE: Wiimote Speaker Pre-Lag
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 07:45:03 AM »
Since the signal should be sent at the same time I would err with whoever gets its first myself.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline the1st_fret

• View Profile
RE:Wiimote Speaker Pre-Lag
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 07:47:29 AM »
Yeah I thought it seemed weird. Doesn't matter. I think I'll stick with my old LCD, but whats causing the lag on the Plasma?

Dan.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Wiimote Speaker Pre-Lag
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 10:52:21 AM »
Would upscaling cause that? What else would create lag?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:54:19 AM »
Yeah, the lag would be with the screen.  Some Plasma TVs (and I think other HDTVs, too) delay the picture 'slightly' which doesn't work great for video games.

Offline Michael_82

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 04:18:57 PM »
What kind of tv did you get?  I have a Panasonic TH-42PX60U, also a Plasma.  I had heard about that lag as well but have yet to notice any issues with the control or sound on the remote for that matter.  I'd think the remote would be the first to get the sound and its the tv lagging, unless someone else has a reason why not.  

Are you using the component cables too?