Author Topic: Wii GC 60Hz problem  (Read 2492 times)

Offline lancea

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wii GC 60Hz problem
« on: April 09, 2007, 04:59:48 AM »
Hey guys, I wonder if any of you can help me out here:

I own a Wii, but being an avid Zelda fan I borrowed the Wind Waker Ltd Ed. (with the Ocarina of Time bonus discs) from a friend, but is seems my TV (a Phillips 32PF9976/12) doesn't support 60Hz in games, so I can't play it..

I find it weird that the TV doesn't support 60 Hz, since it's HD-Ready and clearly states that it supports 720p and 1080i at 50 Hz and 60 Hz.
specs here in french, coulnd't find in english!

After reading around on the web, I found this article on composite cables for the Wii, which further below reads "It enables 60 HZ mode for PAL (which runs at 50 HZ)"

So my question is: will I be able to play 60 Hz GC and Wii games if I buy a components cable or do I really need a new TV?

Thanks in advance, and greetings for Portugal!

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Wii GC 60Hz problem
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 05:10:54 AM »
What prevents you from playing the game? I mean, when you try to start up the game, what happens?

Any TV should be fine for playing the game. The component cables only allow you to play games that support progressive scan in that mode. Unless you hold down "B" while starting the game, it will run in the normal mode.
Thanks for listening.

Offline lancea

• View Profile
RE:Wii GC 60Hz problem
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 05:16:59 AM »
the GC disk loads up fine, I see a red Nintendo symbol on a black screen and then it turns grey with music playing in the background

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
RE: Wii GC 60Hz problem
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 06:01:12 AM »
If it's in black & white, I guess your game is running in 50 hz mode and maybe the Wii can't display it properly??
Do you have a Euro or US Wii?
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 11:31:51 PM »
Is your Wii set to 60hz in settings?

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 08:14:49 AM »
you silly people with your different hz settings.

j/k
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?