Author Topic: Silocon Knights + Konomi = Nintendo's revival?  (Read 4716 times)

Offline mjbd

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Silocon Knights + Konomi = Nintendo's revival?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2004, 04:26:18 PM »
I would have expected it to sell better than 40k the first week in Japan, but if it does that 4 weeks in a row, 160k in the first month isnt to bad.  I would expect it to sell even better in the US, not to mention the sales that it will get from Europe.  It may not have much advertising behind it, but the $40 price should help keep sales high.  I hope it sells well, its a sweet game, and deserves to become a players choice title one day.  
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Silocon Knights + Konomi = Nintendo's revival?
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2004, 06:10:34 PM »
I wonder who "Konomi" is.  Sounds like a hot Japanese schoolgirl.  Yeah baby!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2004, 06:11:27 PM »
Ninja Gaiden has gotten plenty of avertisement on TV... I still havent seen a single MGS TS commercial.

No need for a Dark Zelda? Your probably right, but many people wanted a Zelda wit hthe whole Space World graphics, and giving it to Silicon Knights is a way to do that.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2004, 08:46:18 PM »
Thanks Mario & Bill.

No, I don't want Zelda to stay exactly the same.  I like the fact it is a bit different each time.............what I meant is these people who want a mature/realistic/dark Zelda are silly.  Go play OoT for the millionth time.

Why should SK develop it?  I would rather have them develop their own games & ideas, and maybe, just maybe, get around to finishing off Too Human!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2004, 05:57:10 AM »
"I'm just tired of people getting all up in arms when anyone suggests Zelda being a little less cutesy."

It just seems so weird when people suggest that.  I guess these people like Mario's voice as well.  What's really annoying is this revisionist history bs I see where people who prefer the Wind Waker style say that Ocarina of Time isn't true to the Zelda style or is even a bad game.  Yeah right.  Everyone loved that game when it came out and everyone thought it was perfect.

It's also really hypocritical to bash people who didn't want to change to the Wind Waker style and then not want that style to ever change.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2004, 06:16:43 AM »
I know you aren't pointing that statement directly at me, but I'm hardly bashing OoT when it's in my Top 5 favorite games of all-time...  WW and OoT were both amazing games in their own right, just that I think WW's style is a more suitable fit for a fantasy world...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~