Author Topic: Metroid Prime Help in Phazon Mines  (Read 1967 times)

Metroid Prime Help in Phazon Mines
« on: July 14, 2003, 04:55:51 AM »
ok, i'm on the part in Phazon Mines where I just opened up the big force field door and i'm going into it.  there's the two drone things, i kill those, then i keep going.  3 pink space pirates come out of nowhere and start bashing the hell outta me.  does anyone know how to beat these things easier and faster?  same goes for the yellow ones and the white ones.  i get up the point with the invisible drone thing with lasers, and then it kills me cuz all of my life is drained from all the pirates.  by the way, how do you kill that drone thing?
Town:  Xerocia
Name:  Randy

Offline DRJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime Help in Phazon Mines
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 09:44:25 AM »
those pirates are all pretty tough. If you are on normal made, one super missile should take out the yellow pirate. Just use charges wave beam shots on the purple ones, they will start to short circuit for a few seconds, then hit them again. The white ones just freeze and keep hitting them till they explode or use a missile.

There are also invisible ones use the thermal visor to see em. Wave beam works good until you get the plasma gun, then they are really easy to burn.

When you get to the area were all the puffers come out and start blowing all that poisonous smoke everywhere, get as close to the area as possible without taking any damage. Shoot the puffers and use the charge beam to collect the power ups. Do this until you are fully charged.

For the invisible guy aim for the lights and shoot a super missle, also you can fiew the wave beam combo if you have it and it will automatically lock on and destroy it.

Make sure you have as many extra energy tanks as possible since this area is very long without a save point.  
Ralph: Hi, Principal Skinner! Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!

Offline Griffin

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime Help in Phazon Mines
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 11:55:34 AM »
They're basically color-coded according to your beam weapons. The power beam pirate (the yellow guy) is, in my opinion, the most dangerous because his shots seem to do the most damage, like DRJ said, one or two super missiles are the best way to take care of them. The ice pirates are easiest, just tag em with the ice beam, and launch a missile to shatter them, just like a metroid. The pink (should be red....plasma) pirates catch on fire if you use a charged plasma shot, which will help kill them faster.  As for the purple Wave Pirates, keep firing charged wave beam shots, as it keeps them incapacitated. Don't, however, bother using the wave beam combo, as it will waste missiles that you don't need to use on him anyway.
INCONCEIVABLE!!!

AC Info:

Name: Mike
Town: PhatCave