Author Topic: Game Boy Micro in September at $99  (Read 9872 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Game Boy Micro in September at $99
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2005, 11:44:59 PM »
Yes, who needs apples when you have oranges!

I who doesn't like either apples or oranges (both figuratively and literally, I don't like apples that much, hate oranges, hate Burnout 2 and don't think I'd like Forza).

Tht's a nice list of exclusives, how likely is it to see the older half of those in stores now? There's loads of older games for the PS2 I'd like to have but that aren't sold anymore. I don't think the same is true for the GC, it has so few must-have titles I managed to get them all the first time 'round. From the games you listed I'd probably get all (if I can find them!) except for Halo 2, I hated Halo 1 enough already. And Mech Assault, if it's as pricey as reports suggest.
Besides, DoA 2 seems to be available for the PS2 as well, just with weaker graphics than DoA:U. But I guess it's time to get a few non-fighting games, last few titles I bought were King of Fighters, Tekken 5, Naruto 3 for GC and Jump Super Stars... And I can't even block effectively in any game! Guess that means I should forget about Ninja Gaiden, too.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Game Boy Micro in September at $99
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2005, 11:54:36 AM »
Well, you could always order online - I'm sure that many sites have international shipping and you'll be sure to get those games.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »
Not really. Games that are out of production this long are usually out of stock at online shops.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Game Boy Micro in September at $99
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2005, 08:59:52 PM »
Have you tried Froogle?

I doubt many people here know about it (I posted something about it in the Amazing Deals thread a long, long time ago), but it's a great site. It's a tool that searches for products for sale, including games. It also searches for used games on ebay and other sites.

You just type the name of the game in, then click "Sort: Price Low to High". Then, skip a few pages to get past the guides for the game, and then you will see the actual game. The site searches through thousands of stores online, and gives you the results. Those games will almost certainly be there, so why don't you try? You can actually still get Eternal Darkness if you search on it (although many used), and it's cheap too.

The only setback is that many sites only ship to NA, but I know that quite a few also ship internationally, so you can find out if you want.

And, you could always try EBay too.  
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2005, 01:25:28 AM »
I'll see if there's a european version of that, even if the stores ship internationally there's still the region lockout.

Offline hudsonhawk

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2005, 06:33:49 AM »
Or, like, Ebay maybe?  I hear people sell their old games there sometimes.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2005, 10:55:01 AM »
Yeah I know about ebay. Still, a 100 Euro investment to expand my possible catalogue of games by 7?

Meh, the X360 is so close, I think I'll wait at least until that is released and the demand for the old XBox hits rock bottom. Should drive the price even lower.