Author Topic: Project X Zone 2 To Feature Long Lost Sega Mascot  (Read 642 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Project X Zone 2 To Feature Long Lost Sega Mascot
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:06:20 PM »

Plus a new challenger from Namco and Capcom.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41116/project-x-zone-2-to-feature-long-lost-sega-mascot

Project X Zone 2 will have a playable character that absolutely nobody was expecting.

Joining the lineup from the Sega portion of the three way crossover is Segata Sanshiro, the advertising mascot for the Sega Saturn in Japan. Playable as a solo unit in Project X Zone 2, Sanshiro was most famous for his bombastic, explosive support of the Saturn in its strongest market, and for famously being killed off as the Dreamcast was released. Sanshiro was slated to appear in Segagaga, the last game released by Sega before they abandoned hardware, but had to be removed for copyright reasons.

The Famitsu article announcing Sanshiro's involvement also announced that Heihachi (Tekken) would reprise his role from the original, and Captain Commando from Capcom would also appear in the game.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Project X Zone 2 To Feature Long Lost Sega Mascot
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 02:42:37 AM »
... now I have to get this game. Segata Sanshiro is something special that should be celebrated. Also, he's one-half of my favorite ScrewAttack Death Battle, so... yeah.