Author Topic: Jake 'The Snake' is Coming to the Shodown  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Jake 'The Snake' is Coming to the Shodown
« on: November 18, 2003, 04:34:15 PM »
Legends of Wrestling: Showdown to feature Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

JAKE 'THE SNAKE' ROBERTS SLITHERS BACK INTO THE SQUARED CIRCLE EXCLUSIVELY IN ACCLAIM ENTERTAINMENT, INC.'S 'LEGENDS OF WRESTLING(tm): SHOWDOWN(tm)'

The Ultimate Wrestling Supercard Expands with More Legends Leading Up to Title's April 2004 Release

GLEN COVE, NY, November 18, 2003 - Expanding what promises to be the ultimate wrestling supercard, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, one of professional wrestling's most controversial and mysterious wrestlers, is making his long-awaited return to the squared circle.  Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ.SC: AKLM) today announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with Roberts to appear in Legends of Wrestling(tm): SHOWDOWN(tm), which is currently under development with Acclaim Studios Austin and scheduled for release in April 2004 across the next-generation gaming platforms.  

"We're thrilled to include Jake 'The Snake' Roberts in Legends of Wrestling(tm): SHOWDOWN(tm)," said David Knies, Brand Director for Acclaim.  "Developing a dream roster of wrestling legends is paramount to creating the ultimate supercard and wrestling fans should brace themselves - because there's even more to come and they won't be disappointed."  

"I have been lurking in the shadows waiting for the right time to resurface," added Jake 'The Snake' Roberts.  "My assault on Legends of Wrestling(tm): SHOWDOWN(tm) begins now and I thank Acclaim for giving me this opportunity.  Take the fear you'll have from seeing me in the game and then imagine that I'm standing in front of you with my snake, Damien; you'll think it's a dream but it'll be your worst nightmare.  What you don't understand is that it has always been my choice...April 2004 marks the return of the DDT.  Trust me."

Exclusive images of Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, one of the 70+ wrestlers who will appear in the game, can be viewed at Acclaim's Legends of Wrestling(tm): SHOWDOWN(tm) Web site (http://www.legendsshowdown.com).  Fans can visit the site and register to become part of "The Legends Legion," a free membership that qualifies them to receive ongoing email updates highlighting the latest gameplay and talent announcements.  The SHOWDOWN site also provides visitors with exclusive product information and free downloadable desktop wallpaper.

A second-generation wrestler, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts is widely regarded as one of the most sadistic and smartest wrestlers in the history of the sport.  The inventor of the DDT, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts has participated in more than 10,000 matches; he has wrestled in all fifty U.S. States, Canada, Mexico, Japan, England, Ireland, Philippines, Malaysia, Austria and Germany.  

Legends of Wrestling(tm): SHOWDOWN(tm) will be available in April 2004 across the next-generation systems at suggested retail process to be determined.  For more information on this game, please visit http://www.legendsshowdown.com.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers