Author Topic: Splatoon Update Tomorrow Night Adding Tower Control Mode  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Splatoon Update Tomorrow Night Adding Tower Control Mode
« on: June 30, 2015, 03:16:50 AM »

Come on and ride the... tower?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40651/splatoon-update-tomorrow-night-adding-tower-control-mode

Splatoon's patch may launch today, but the newest Ranked Battle mode will launch tomorrow.

Set for the usual update time (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT), Tower Control will have your squidkids battling for control of an object in the middle of the map. Once a team takes control of the tower, it will move toward the other team's base. The match ends either when the tower reaches a team's goal, or if the time runs out by who got the tower closest to the goal.

The Treehouse will be streaming the mode tonight at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT at their Nintendo Direct site or on their Twitch channel.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Splatoon Update Tomorrow Night Adding Tower Control Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:19:37 AM »
oooh

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:31:17 AM »
Yessssss
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 05:56:56 PM »
From the JPN video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQlF1JnS94

The mode is a Ranked Battle where you push a tower in to the opponent's goal. The opponents goal is some ways in front of their spawn point and the tower seems to move at a good clip. The rounds are timed for five minutes, but it might not take that long given the speed of the tower's movement and the short distance between goals.

Of note, there are new objects added to the maps that aren't in the normal Turf War or Splat Zones versions. These new objects allow players to gain access to areas in new ways.

Offline StrawHousePig

• a tag
  • Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Title available upon http request.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 01:13:59 AM »
Ranked? I gotta be level 10? I just don't have the patience for this game.
Old gamers never die, we just run out of quarters.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 01:49:27 AM »
Ranked? I gotta be level 10? I just don't have the patience for this game.

It's a minor annoyance that the additional multiplayer modes are behind a level wall. Other games place create-a-class options and other things behind level walls, but it's rare for a game to have multiplayer modes behind levels.

That said, I find it to be a short time to reach Rank 10 in Splatoon. A good 5-7 hours of Turf War should be enough to reach it, probably less.