Author Topic: LOUIE FM Returns Friday!  (Read 1760 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
LOUIE FM Returns Friday!
« on: July 24, 2003, 11:36:57 AM »
Listen to the Metroid Prime & Fusion OST Soundtrack all day today on PGC
Radio, courtesy of Video Game
Depot
!  Click for details.

Last year saw the release of an astounding assortment of quality GameCube  and Game Boy Advance titles, but near the top of almost every Nintendo fan's  list was Intelligent System's Metroid Fusion for GBA and Retro Studio's  Metroid Prime for GC.  These sister titles were praised for their polished  gameplay, excellent design, and dazzling graphics.  Reviewers raved about  one other aspect of the games as well: audio.  Metroid Fusion and Metroid  Prime boast some of the most atmospheric and technically impressive music on  their respective systems to date.  From Prime's Magmoor Caverns to Fusion's  flooded passageways, Kenji Yamamoto's GameCube and Game Boy Advance  compositions kept the player immersed and amazed at all times.  

To celebrate last month's release of the Metroid Prime & Fusion Original  Soundtrack in Japan, Planet GameCube and its close import partner, Video Game Depot, are proud to  present the complete 2 CD set Friday, July 25th on PGC's LOUIE FM Radio!  That's a whopping 2 hours, 11 minutes and 23 seconds of music in 78 tracks!  How do you connect, you ask?  Simple!  Just follow these steps:  

1. Make sure you have a Live365 account.  If you do not have a Live365  account you must create a new Live365  account.  Don't worry--it's free!
  2. Login to your Live365 account and visit  http://www.live365.com/stations/jonnyboy117  between 12:01 AM and 11:59 PM  CST on Friday, July 25th 2003.
  3. Click the Play button.
  4. Live365 may scan your computer for compatible MP3 players and ask for your preferred player. Live365's player or Winamp are recommended.  (Make Winamp the  default MP3 player and choose "MP3 Player" to use Winamp.)
  5. Crank up the speakers and enjoy!

If you like what you hear--and we certainly hope you do--why not support our  site and import a copy of the Metroid Prime & Fusion OST to call your very  own from  Video Game Depot?  VGD still has plenty of copies available!  Show the  world (or at least your friends and family) what a Nintendo freak you are by  celebrating Samus in all her glory!

Note: Due to Live365 server maintenance, radio will be down at 1:00 am CST for around 30 minutes.  We apologize for the inconvenience!

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: LOUIE FM Returns Friday!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 12:02:42 PM »
any chance that you can do the 24 hour thing that you did before the launch of the Wind Waker?  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
LOUIE FM Returns Friday!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 12:10:42 PM »
This IS a 24 hour thing!  You can listen to Metroid Prime and Fusion all day long!
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: LOUIE FM Returns Friday!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 12:13:14 PM »
OH!  Awesome.    I was reading too much into this line I guess.

That's a whopping 2 hours, 11 minutes and 23 seconds of music in 78 tracks!

Thanks for clearing that up.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean