Author Topic: Buy Metroid: Other M and Get a Bonus  (Read 10241 times)

Offline gojira

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Buy Metroid: Other M and Get a Bonus
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 05:44:49 PM »
You can't wait 3-5 days?

Not for Metroid!  There are a very few games I don't mind spending money on and Metroid is one of them.  And I'm happy some people have no trouble with Amazon.  I shop there often, but I never trust them to get a game quickly.  I've been burned far too many times.

Even if you paid the $10 for release date shipping on Amazon, you'd still come out $10 ahead in the long run because of the credit.

But I wouldn't get the bonus, and I'm a Metroid whore.   ;)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2010, 08:51:51 PM »
If the game bombs, it will drop. Even Nintendo games tend to drop in price sooner rather than later if it sell poorly.
Reminds me of the mounds of ExciteBots and the New Play Control! games I've seen untidily piled in bargain bins.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2010, 09:15:32 PM »
If the game bombs, it will drop. Even Nintendo games tend to drop in price sooner rather than later if it sell poorly.
Reminds me of the mounds of ExciteBots and the New Play Control! games I've seen untidily piled in bargain bins.

Where?  I've been meaning to pick up NPC Pikmin ever since I got rid of my GCN Pikmin and Excitebots could be interesting for the right price.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 09:26:25 PM »
Best Buy and Target, and maybe a third place I don't remember. This was many months ago though so I don't know if they would still have them.

I just checked Best Buy's website real quick, I didn't see a listing for the stand-alone ExciteBots (with Wheel was $50), although they have Pikmin listed for $15.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »
Best Buy and Target, and maybe a third place I don't remember. This was many months ago though so I don't know if they would still have them.

I just checked Best Buy's website real quick, I didn't see a listing for the stand-alone ExciteBots (with Wheel was $50), although they have Pikmin listed for $15.

Pity, just ran a check of my local Best Buys, and there isn't a store in the Central Florida area that has a copy of Pikmin.  I guess I'll just keep an eye on Gamestop's shifting stock of the things.  Especially due to recent problems with online purchases (including Best Buy's), I'm trying to avoid having to deal with online stores.  And $50 is way more than I want to spend for Excitebots.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline balzzzy

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 12:04:34 AM »
Especially due to recent problems with online purchases (including Best Buy's), I'm trying to avoid having to deal with online stores.
Amen. I too have been having problems with online purchasing including Best Buy. Ordering from Amazon.com in Canada is a chore and a half. You have to hope that the place will ship up here. My problem of recent was with the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Even though you have your credit card ready in hand they choose not to ship. So I ship to friends in the states and have them send it here.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 12:10:31 AM »
Why not just use Amazon Canada? Or are they more expensive than regular Amazon?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline balzzzy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 12:39:50 AM »
Why not just use Amazon Canada? Or are they more expensive than regular Amazon?
They are almost always more expensive and this was a matter of available quantity at a good price. Were talking $50 in the states vs. the cheapest copy in Canada on Amazon at $96 plus shipping.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Offline balzzzy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 06:17:07 AM »
A couple days early but here are the pics from the Art Folio. While I may not be the best photographer out there you can at least get a sneak peak as to what you will be getting for pre-ordering the game. Enjoy! Had to create a temp website to host the pics online. Mind the URL.

http://balzzzy.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=9826152

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 05:34:54 PM »
Got any pics of the text portions?
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline balzzzy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 05:52:33 PM »
Got any pics of the text portions?
You bet, I just didn't have the time this morning. I am cropping the images and will post them shortly to the gallery link I uploaded so stay tuned.

Offline balzzzy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »
Uploaded the pics of the text on the backs of the cards. As the writing itself is faint with a thin lined font, the text is legible but not too clear. I typed up the text in each caption for the cards for easier reading. Here is the link to the album. Enjoy.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 08:14:03 PM »
Looks like the text is ripped right from the game monologue.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline balzzzy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »
Yeah, the print and card stock are quality. While we've seen some of the screenshots already some are new to me.

Offline gojira

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2010, 12:28:05 AM »
I didn't realize until I saw the Art Folio image of Zero Suit Samus that they gave her high heels.  Sexy!   ;)

Offline balzzzy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 02:09:42 AM »
Lol, her suit is so "streamlined" that it covers the heels. I think the most interesting card has to be the Aquatic Dangers card. Mostly because we haven't heard a single thing about it. And furthermore, I vaguely remember hearing in an interview at some point that they explored the possibility of an underwater segment but it felt like it slowed down the gameplay or something. But in order to incorporate the Gravity Suit, one would expect an Aquasphere or (AQA). The cards measure in at 7 1/8" x 5 1/8".

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 12:54:36 AM »
FedEx shows my copy arriving from Walmart.com tomorrow.  I wish it was Professor Layton.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.