Author Topic: Retro-Styled Tunes to Appear in Namco Museum  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Retro-Styled Tunes to Appear in Namco Museum
« on: July 28, 2005, 04:35:42 PM »
I love the '80s!

"NAMCO MUSEUM(TM) 50TH ANNIVERSARY" TO FEATURE CLASSIC 80’S SOUNDTRACK    

Come On Eileen! Grab Your Roller Skates and Legwarmers, Namco’s Biggest  Arcade Collection to Feature Awesome 80’s Soundtrack

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (July 28, 2005) – Global video games publisher Namco  Hometek Inc. announced today the soundtrack for the upcoming "Namco  Museum(TM) 50th Anniversary." Like the rock band Loverboy, every gamer  â€śwants a second chance,” and now they will have it – to play their favorite  classic games while rocking out to the tunes that made the 80’s great.  "Namco Museum 50th Anniversary" will be available this August for the  PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox(R) video game system  from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(TM), Game Boy(R) Advance, and PC.    

This release represents the first time Namco has included a classic licensed  soundtrack on its popular compilation. The soundtrack will include:    

* “Come On Eileen” by Dexy’s Midnight Runners
 * “Working for the Weekend” by Loverboy
 * “She Drives Me Crazy” by Fine Young Cannibals
 * “Talking In Your Sleep” by The Romantics
 * “Joystick” by Dazz Band    

These classics are sure to keep the spirit of the compilation’s 14 games  alive. Notably, Dazz Band’s “Joystick” was one of the first songs ever  written about videogames. The single largest compilation of Namco Arcade  Classics ever, "Namco Museum 50th Anniversary" allows players to explore a  virtual arcade hall with timeless games such as:    

"Pac-Man"
 Originally released in 1980 – Play the most popular arcade game of all time!  Navigate the yellow fellow through the original "Pac-Man" maze, avoid ghosts  while chomping pellets and fruit, and use power pellets to turn the ghosts  blue and get some payback!    

"Ms. Pac-Man"
 Originally released in 1981 – Starring Pac-Man’s female counterpart;  explore, collect, and chomp your way through four different mazes and eat  new fruits.    

"Galaga"
 Originally released in 1981 – Pilot a space ship, fend off frantic swarms of  bee-like aliens, try your luck with “Challenging Stages,” and find the best  way to deal with enemies’ powerful tractor beams!    

"Galaxian"
 Originally released in 1979 – A precursor to "Galaga," destroy flying aliens  as they move in from formation to attack you.    

"Dig Dug"
 Originally released in 1982 – Equipped with only a shovel and a pump, tunnel  your way underground and use the pump to blow up attacking enemies.    

"Pole Position"
 Originally released in 1982 – A milestone in racing games, players drive  fast to beat the timer, and avoid cars and hazards or risk exploding.    

"Pole Position II"
 Originally released in 1983 – Sequel to "Pole Position," this title  introduced four new race tracks – Fuji, Test, Suzuka, and Seaside.    

"Rolling Thunder"
 Originally released in 1987 – In this horizontal scrolling shooter, play as  a secret agent codename “Albatross.” Your mission is to rescue female agent  Lelia Blitz and defeat the criminal organization called Geldra.    

"Rally X"
 Originally released in 1980 – Players drive around a maze while avoiding  chasing cars, laying smoke screens, and collecting flags.    

"Bosconian"
 Originally released in 1981 - Pilot a space ship, survive enemy fighters and  destroy enemy space stations, while avoiding asteroids and other obstacles.    

"Dragon Spirit"
 Originally released in 1987 – Control a powerful dragon through the air,  harness spells, drop bombs and breath fire at enemies.    

"Sky Kid"
 Originally released in 1985 – Controlling a bi-plane, avoid enemy planes  using evasive loops, drop bombs, and machine gun down other planes.    

"Xevious"
 Originally released in 1982 – Use a heavily armed fighter plane to destroy  enemies and targets in the air and on the ground.    

"Mappy"
 Originally released in 1983 – Control Mappy, a police mouse. Bounce on  trampolines and open and close doors to dodge chasing cats, all in an  attempt to collect valuable items from a cat’s house.    

Note: The Game Boy Advance version of "Namco Museum(TM) 50th Anniversary"  includes "Pac-Man," "Ms. Pac-Man," "Galaga," "Dig Dug" and "Rally X."

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Retro-Styled Tunes to Appear in Namco Museum
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 06:19:56 PM »
Rolling Thunder!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 06:29:52 PM »
My question is - Where is "Pac-Man Fever"?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 06:43:31 PM »
Still not as good as Activision Anthology's (PS2) 80's soundtrack.

Note: The Game Boy Advance version of "Namco Museum(TM) 50th Anniversary" includes "Pac-Man," "Ms. Pac-Man," "Galaga," "Dig Dug" and "Rally X."

"We're 50 years old!"
"Wow, what ya gonna do to celebrate?"
"PUT THE SAME OLD FIVE GAMES ON A GBA CARTRIDGE AHAHA"
"AGAIN?"
"You know it!"

.. *High five*

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 06:52:46 PM »
Sure, I've got a Namco Classics game with Ms Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Dig Dug, and Pole Position on it for the GBA, but it doesn't have Rally X!.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 09:01:16 PM »
oooooooooooh   Rolling Thunder. I have missed you, swinging 60's spy with long limbs and the ability to jump over a railing!