Author Topic: Game Boy Advance SP Reaches One  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Robert

• PGC Staff
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Game Boy Advance SP Reaches One
« on: March 23, 2004, 04:55:30 AM »
Happy birthday little fella, my how you've grown.

GAME BOY ADVANCE SP CELEBRATES RECORD-SETTING ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY

GBA SP Becomes the Fastest-Selling Video Game System in History

REDMOND, Wash., March 23, 2004
– If first anniversaries are traditionally celebrated with paper, then the paper trail of sales receipts for Nintendo's Game Boy® Advance SP might be the most impressive first-anniversary gift ever. In its first year, the Game Boy Advance SP has sold more than 6.5 million units in North America, the highest one-year sales figures of any video game system in history, including home consoles. It also helped propel the Game Boy® Advance line to the most successful year in the 14-year history of the Game Boy® series, which has sold more than 160 million systems worldwide.

"By moving from the base Game Boy Advance model to the SP, Nintendo took portable gaming from the realm of a common Volkswagen to a baby Benz," says Michael Pachter, director of research for Wedbush Morgan Securities in Los Angeles. "It elevated the nature of portable gaming, and gave a tremendous boost to the video game industry overall."

With innovations like a fashionable flip-top, a pocket-perfect size, a front-lit screen and rechargeable battery, the Game Boy Advance SP is a favorite with young and old alike. In fact, more than 35 percent of its owners are 18 or older. An icon of pop culture, the Game Boy Advance SP has been spotted everywhere from subways in New York City to waiting rooms in Kansas, and in the hands of actors, musicians, students and housewives.

Nintendo introduced the first Game Boy system in 1989, and expanded the line through the years to include Game Boy® Color, Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Advance SP. The Game Boy Advance SP, available at an MSRP of $99.99, comes in a variety of colors, including Platinum (silver), Onyx (black), Cobalt (blue), Flame (red) and a limited-edition two-tone model (Platinum base with Onyx top). More than 500 titles are available for Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Advance SP, and the Game Boy Advance line overall has sold more than 20 million systems in the United States.

Robert Graves
Staff Writer
http://www.planetgamecube.com

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Game Boy Advance SP Reaches One
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 05:13:16 AM »
Common Volkswagen? Does this guy have any idea what VW demands these days???

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 04:00:48 PM »
Good thing you caught that. I wouldn't have...

How bout this: from the realm of a common Jeep to the baby Escalade?

Man, that was horrible *Dodges tomatoes*
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 04:58:50 AM »
com'on folks ... where are the mp3 songs?
knows nothing & infernal monkey, i'm looking in your general direction.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 08:54:14 AM »
=O  I still have to make a song for Bill! (it's for my journal.  thanks for reminding me!)

A song, eh?  i don't know about a song for consoles.........cause then I'd already missed a few of gamecube's birthdays.  Perhaps.

EDIT:  In an attempt to make Bill a song, I accidently broke the top part off of my microphone. =P  It still records, but it's really quiet and it doens't seem to pick up my voice very well. =\
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 09:19:05 AM »
I should buy a present for my silver SP...Maybe a pink playmate? ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~