Author Topic: GoldenEye Wii Trailer Uncovered  (Read 7578 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Goldeneye Wii Trailer Uncovered
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 12:20:15 AM »
Adding a CO-Op focus to the game would be smart.  And if done properly, it would allow for you to basically make the old game, play through the game almost exactly like the original with a few added elements into the game.  Or take a brand new original path through the level as the partner...and the levels can cross so you work together.  Think of it like Time Crisis, the same level but fews different, because you have different objectives. 

Actually, I don't think the game looks that bad.  Is it inspiring graphics?  NO.  But by no means is it sub-standard.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 12:22:42 AM »
I don't see how it being Daniel Craig instead of Pierce Brosnan really matters; it's a first person shooter, so you're barely ever going to see that character model.

Adding a CO-Op focus to the game would be smart.  And if done properly, it would allow for you to basically make the old game, play through the game almost exactly like the original with a few added elements into the game.  Or take a brand new original path through the level as the partner...and the levels can cross so you work together.  Think of it like Time Crisis, the same level but fews different, because you have different objectives. 

Actually, I don't think the game looks that bad.  Is it inspiring graphics?  NO.  But by no means is it sub-standard.

Adding co-op doesn't really mesh with the idea that it's supposed to be sticking close to the events of the movie, or even the basic idea of James Bond.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 12:25:24 AM »
It's a remake, the first third of the trailer is basically talking about how the original is one of the best ever.  It's going to be similar layouts to the N64 game but more cinematic is seems (it looks like you're going to have a partner.  I mean there is a shot where they were sniping from a tower in the dam level and all that was shown of the dam in the film was Bond just bungee jumping from it.
They're pulling the heartstrings of nostalgic fans. I've no doubt that some levels will attempt to imitate levels from Goldeneye, but it is no remake in the sense that they were given the original game code to remake. It's more like a copy that will do just enough to slip by copyright infringement.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 12:27:46 AM »
it just isn't Goldeneye without Pierce Brosnan as Bond.

This & no mention of an online play is what's keeping me from enjoying this. As it stands, I may be better off just dusting off my N64 & playing Goldeneye & Perfect Dark on of that.

Did you watch the trailer?

Did I watch the trailer?

I could have sworn it said "Online".... ?

Oh wait there it is. Had to watch it 4 times to see it clear as day.

I need more caffeine...
Mission...complete?

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 11:40:47 AM »
For true aiming you had to stop moving and take your time.  It was, realistic and made hunting fun and enjoyable.  Taking that element away kinda ruined the Perfect Dark Arcade remake.

Dude if you ever stood still at any point in the original Perfect Dark, you would DIE INSTANTLY. I don't know what kind of terrible people you played with, but the benefit given by manual aiming is literally ONLY useful for camping.

And you know what? No, it didn't "kinda ruin" the Perfect Dark remake, because the controls are still digital inputs, not analog. So it's EXACTLY THE SAME, and you're just complaining for nothing.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown