Author Topic: EDITORIALS: Top Five Hits & Misses of Wii's First Year  (Read 9608 times)

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:EDITORIALS: Top Five Hits & Misses of Wii's First Year
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 09:05:43 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
I personally like that Nintendo's letting any old crap heap on the Wii. Like the PS2 selection (especially in PAL regions), for every ten awful games there'll be one gem hidden that gets ignored. Years from now it'll be fun trying to track them all down!

Second'd. Choice is a wonderful thing, and third parties need to learn the hard way that some ideas shouldn't have been made into games.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2007, 03:27:33 PM »
A little mistake, Nintendo bundled Super Mario World with the SNES at launch.

I sorta agree about the VC prices. The starting prices should be lower. While Super Mario Bros. 3 is worth 500 points, something like Tennis is not.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a mistake one that has hurt Wii? If I recall VC games are selling VERY well, so I fail to see how that is a mistake. Yeah personal opinion of people may differ in regards to price, but is that truly a mistake if it isn't hurting it?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 09:00:28 PM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a mistake one that has hurt Wii? If I recall VC games are selling VERY well, so I fail to see how that is a mistake. Yeah personal opinion of people may differ in regards to price, but is that truly a mistake if it isn't hurting it?

If you read IGN's latest news about VC sales, it seems that Nintendo is not terribly happy with VC sales.  The average revenue per download is less than five dollars, meaning that downloads of the free channels are outstripping that of classic games.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 09:27:13 PM »

Originally posted by: Jonnyboy117

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

If you read IGN's latest news about VC sales, it seems that Nintendo is not terribly happy with VC sales.  The average revenue per download is less than five dollars, meaning that downloads of the free channels are outstripping that of classic games.

Well, the exact line from IGN's story is:

The Nintendo executive said of these figures, "We're currently unsure if this is a lot or low. They're not bad figures."

Also, I'm not too sure as to whether the numbers they give for downloads and revenue are up-to-date or even up-to-the-same-date.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
RE: EDITORIALS: Top Five Hits & Misses of Wii's First Year
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 09:34:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure those download numbers are VC only and don't include the other channels. As pointed out in the IGN article's comment thread, Nintendo has given out a lot of free points, like the large numbers given to GameStop managers (the poster says 7500, but I recall my store's manager saying he got 5000), that could explain the low average price-per-download.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: EDITORIALS: Top Five Hits & Misses of Wii's First Year
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 10:51:13 PM »
Free sells better

DURRRRRRRRRRRRR