Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy Joins Nintendo's Five Million Sellers List  (Read 1146 times)

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile

Mario's space adventure becomes the ninth Wii game to pass five million.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29502

Super Mario Galaxy became the ninth Wii game to sell more than five million units, according to the NPD Group.

Super Mario Galaxy now joins other Wii titles that have sold more than five million copies such as Wii Play, Mario Kart Wii, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It is expected that Just Dance 3 will soon become the 10th Wii game to reach this milestone, currently at a total of 4.61 million units sold.

"Titles like Super Mario Galaxy help explain why Wii continues to resonate with consumers. The fact that one of the best-reviewed games of all time is available for a suggested retail price of $19.99 speaks to Nintendo’s combination of quality, family fun and value that is unmatched in our industry." said Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing, Scott Moffitt.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Galaxy Joins Nintendo's Five Million Sellers List
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 04:25:46 PM »
This is Super Mario Galaxy 1, right? How much has SMG2 managed to sell to date?
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »
This is Super Mario Galaxy 1, right? How much has SMG2 managed to sell to date?
Unless you want to trust VGChartz, I don't think we'll know that until Nintendo releases their financial report for the fiscal year of April 2011-March 2012.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:10:14 PM »
Still the most fun I've had playing a video game from this current generation. It should have sold ten times that.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 10:17:21 PM »
My first thought was that seems like a low number for this number and surprised that this game hadn't made that number.

Then I did some research and this is a good number.   Then I did some more research and realized that this is only 1.6% of the US population.  That makes your realize how small a number you need to have a game that seems like everyone one you know owns it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »
Then I did some more research and realized that this is only 1.6% of the US population.

I don't thin that should be used for console games. You are not gonna see multiple people in the same house owning multiple copies of a console game (unless you are like UncleBob and buying a game several times). It would be more accurate to use the number of households instead, but even that only bumps it up to about 4%. 5 million is really good though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20