Author Topic: Mario Kart Double Dash Track List  (Read 6590 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Mario Kart Double Dash Track List
« on: October 29, 2003, 01:50:01 PM »
Nintendo of Europe gives everyone wonderful descriptions of the tracks you'll be racing on next month.

MARIO KART: THE INSIDE TRACK

The courses of Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Mario Kart racing action is back! Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, one of the most anticipated and talked about titles ever for a home console is out exclusively on NINTENDO GAMECUBE on November 14th 2003. Players will experience frantic multiplayer racing mayhem at its finest with a host of new challenging tracks, characters and all manner of inventive weaponry.

This time round, there's been one major change to the rules of the road....now there are two riders per kart! Choose from a variety of colourful characters and their vehicles then take your pick from the Mushroom, Flower or Star Cup challenges! Each challenge comprising four completely different karting tracks to compete in. Race against all your favourite Nintendo characters in the Grand Prix mode, or go it alone and beat your best times in the Time Trial mode or even compete with your friends in Vs mode to become the Mario Kart master.

Let's take a look at some insider info on the tracks themselves. You might pick up some useful tips!

MUSHROOM CUP

Luigi Circuit
A relatively quiet start to the mayhem, the Luigi Circuit features long straights and speed boosting panels galore. Watch out for the Chain Chomp guarding the short cut! He's noisy and always hungry!

Peach Beach
Princess Peach's favourite resort is also a sandy racing track with hazards galore! Dodge the Cataquacks and look out for the tide as you seek that elusive shortcut across the sandy bay!

Baby Park
A deceptively straight-forward oval circuit set in a theme park complete with its own rollercoaster! You've got to make sure you take each corner just right and use your power-up items for maximum effect if you plan on winning this race!

Dry Dry Desert
A wide and open track filled with ancient monuments and temples. There's no time for sight-seeing here as you'll be avoiding whirling tornados and escaping from quicksand in this fun desert-themed track.

FLOWER CUP

Mushroom Bridge
One of Mushroom Kingdom's most famous landmarks! This track has plenty of room to manouver...if you can avoid all the traffic that is. Keep your eyes open for mushroom carrying motors!

Mario Circuit
A glorious circuit full of famous landmarks and characters. There's plenty of twists and turns on this course so be sure you've mastered your drifting skills!

Daisy Cruiser
All aboard Daisy's luxury liner for a manic race above and below decks. Speed around the swimming pool and dining room, just don't hit any of the tables!

Waluigi Stadium
Waluigi Stadium is an off-road track filled with bumps, mud and big jumps, and as if that isn't enough, you've also got to watch out for Piranha Plants and fireballs! This is one race that is definitely going to get dirty!

STAR CUP

Sherbet Land
Don't let the ice and snow lull your senses, this is one treacherous course! Careless driving here will end in kart pileups and collisions with all sorts of nasties!

Mushroom City
Avoid the late night traffic in downtown Mushroom City by choosing your route carefully and you're bound to come up in first place! Don't get lost in there!

Yoshi Circuit
What could be better than a circuit in the shape of Yoshi? Not much! This circuit will really test your Mario Kart mettle with its tricky corners, bends and straights. You're going to have to push your kart to the limit if you want to finish in 1st place!

DK Mountain
Shoot yourself to the top of DK Mountain using Donkey Cannon and hurtle down the side avoiding large boulders and gaping chasms. But once at the bottom, you're not safe yet, you've still got to cross the perilous rope bridge to get to the winning line!

So if you need a break from all that racing, then check out the Mario Kart Battle Mode - three different modes on four different stages. Take on your friends and enemies in the battle mode arenas and show them who's boss!

All your favourite Nintendo characters and more are back for some serious karting action. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Yoshi are all present and correct for this latest racing outing for NINTENDO GAMECUBE. Riders from throughout the land have come together to test their driving skills. Which pair will prove the fastest?

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Mario Kart Double Dash Track List
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 03:39:55 PM »
And that's not all!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Knoxxville

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 03:59:12 PM »
I'm glad that Europe is getting a game before us.....even if it is just 2 days.  They are WAAAAAAAAAAY overdue for a timely release.  I mean, they haven't even gotten Animal Crossing yet!

Offline Tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 06:42:19 PM »
They also get a fancy press release before we do.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
RE: Mario Kart Double Dash Track List
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 11:24:08 PM »
Considering the UK (Rest of Europe excepted being the UK is an english-speaking country) gets every game at least 3 months after the USA does, I believe it's fair that for a change we get at least one game before everybody else.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 03:58:57 AM »
are there really only 12 courses, or does this list not include hidden/bonus courses?  12 seems a little small, considering the 64 version had 16.  anyone know if you can race through the courses backwards like you could in the 64 version?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 04:01:43 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill
And that's not all!

And yes, there are mirrored versions of the tracks...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 07:57:16 AM »
Yeah, unlockable characters/tracks are the only thing I felt the Mario Karts were missing. Even 1080 had unlockable characters (I had a blast unlocking them )
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 08:26:35 AM »
Koopa Troopa: Errr.... Special Cup, anyone?

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2003, 10:28:34 AM »

Koopa Troopa: Errr.... Special Cup, anyone?

Doh... I forgot about that, I didn't unlock it when I played (one of my brothers did).  
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."